misbehaving A308CR CD player

My CD player is starting to skip some.  I suspect that the transport needs to be replaced.  I can do that myself if I knew where to get a replacement...Does anyone know where I can get one?  Or should I send it away for repair? 
cford
I have ordered a cleaning disc but doubt that it will help because when I opened up the player, there wasn't any dust inside.Who would you recommend for simple upgrades if I decide to go that way?
cford

Consult George Meyer AV  in Los Angeles, CA.  Keep us posted on the repair process.

Happy Listening!
Cleaning the optics did not help.  I did more investigation.  It only starts to skip after it has played for 30-40 minutes.  If I halt playing for some time, It will play fine the same tracks that were skipping.  Also, if in the middle of playing a early track and I pause the playing, after a while the display says "no disc" and won't play until I eject and reinsert the disc.  I think that the laser starts to falter once it has warmed up so I will need to get the player repaired.  Hopefully replacement parts are available.