What is the best sounding Mahler symphony cycle?

Folks... I love Mahler but my two versions of the 5th sound very low-fi. I am looking for a well --- really well --- recorded 5th on redbook CD --- or better still... a whole mahler symphony cycle that is audiophile (or... near audiophile quality.

Any help would be appreciated
robsker
Why stick to one conductor and one orchestra? You can compile your own favorite cycle.
Here’s mine:
#1: Bruno Walter / Columbia Symphony (columbia USA)
#2: Otto Klemperer / Philharmonia Orchestra (emi/columbia UK)
#3: Zubin Mehta / LAPO (decca)
#4: Georg Szell / Cleveland Orchestra (columbia UK)
#5: John Barbirolli / New Philharmonia Orchestra (hmv)
#6: Georg Solti / Chicago Symphony (decca)
#7: Leonard Bernstein / NYPO (DGG)
#8: Georg Solti / Chicago Symphony (decca)
#9: Bruno Walter / Columbia Symphony (columbia USA)

This is almost exclusively based on the original vinyl issues (except the Bernstein 7th), but I’m sure these performances are all available on cd or SACD. Don’t know about the quality of the digital transfers, but the sound quality on vinyl is mostly excellent (exceptional in the case of the Mehta 3rd).

@edgewear

Of course no one is restricted to just one cycle, and not every conductor has an equal affinity for each piece.  So here goes.
#1 Horenstein/LSO
#2 Abbado/Chicago 
#3-Bernstein/NYP first recording. Abbado/Lucerne 
#4-Szell
#5-Honeck/Pittsburgh or Walter/NYP (mono)
#6-Karajan/BPO. #7 Bernstein/NY Phil (Sony)
#8 Solti
#9 Karel Ancerl/Czech PO

Das Lied-Reiner or Walter (stereo)

#10. Without getting into the question of which edition—Dausgaard/Seattle 

I like your choices, all of which I have in my collection, except the Mehta (had it on  vinyl but sold off my analog rig a few years ago).
Re:Budapest. I didn’t say they’re terrible. Just way way overrated. 
Good choices above from both of you. The Mehta LAP Mahler 3 for me is a bit polite. Very well done played but the recording itself strikes me as being from just a bit too far away. It looks like the preferences for both of you skew to older recordings perhaps hints at your generation. My preference skews towards many of the newer recordings from the big 5 plus LA with notable exceptions for Chicago and LA from the mid 20th. 
I have many of these on vinyl as well (not the most recent ones of course which aren’t on vinyl)

It seems both of you like the Bernstein #7. An excellent performer, but I never felt the brass in the NYP from that era up to the task of the very brass-heavy 7. I’d recommend the Cleveland (Boulez - 1996) recording. It’s simply stunning. 

My choices have to do with vinyl being my primary source, but I guess they date me as well 😕

On original vinyl the Mehta #3 has no rivals sonically, although as a performance the Bernstein (both the CBS and DGG recordings) may be superior.

I forgot to mention Das Lied von der Erde, but here Klemperer on HMV Angel has my preference (yep, another oldie). As for #10 (Cooke version), I like the Rattle on EMI, but I'll admit that I haven't heard any other performances.

I mentioned in my first post in this thread that I hadn’t sampled to many of the newer Mahler recordings as was therefore interested in some suggestions.  The Budapest cycle is the relative new comer for me, along with the other Fisher brother.  I have the Boulez/Cleveland Seventh, but haven’t played it in a dogs age.  Maybe time for a spin.  Abbado/Lucerne or Chicago or or MTT are the other Sevenths that I reach for.