New Speaker Conundrum - Vandy's, Spendors, Salk, Ascend - Mainstream or ID

I am very lucky to be close to Audio Connection and John has outfitted my entire rig over the years. I am currently running Ares/RP-7 to M-180s - always liked Mark's designs and he/Nick are so approachable over at Rogue.

I used to run 2CE IIs for the longest time and loved them and I thought I would give ID a try and landed a pair of Double Impacts - which I love.

However, I have the upgrade itch and I am in two minds on whether I want to go back to Vandy's or look at Salk/Ascend.

I have narrowed down my list to Spendor D9s, Vandy Treo CTs, Salk Soundstage 8s and potentially the Sierra Towers. I am going over to Johnny's this weekend for another listening session with the Treos and potentially Quatros.

I have always looked (more likely lurked) on these forums over the years for advise - unfortunately never posted :(.
cptkaos
donvito - I did not see any but will ask. I was interested in the D48r as an option to the Treo CT but I have only auditioned the Treos/Quatros.

Thank you.
Definitely listen to the ProAcs.  If you like them, you should then try the D9s, and see which you prefer (it might be a close-run thing).
I can definitely recommend the Salks. I had the Salk HT3 for about 5 years and thought they were the best speakers I have owned especially if you like the ribbon tweeters. Just a sweet sounding speaker. Obviously the SS8 are in a different league and I heard nothing but good things about them.

I just recently picked up a new pair of some Canton Reference 3 DC speakers which in my opinion are better than the Salk I previously owned.

Good luck, I know Jim Salk makes exception speakers. Good luck and have fun on the journey.
Thanks twoleftears and revrob,

revrob - I will add Canton to my list - was not tracking this German brand. 

At this point I might pivot slightly to the ProAcs/Vandys. I will keep Spendor, Cantons and Salks (in that order) as my fall back - as I cannot audition these.

Thank you for all the feedback - I already learnt so much in just these few conversations. Please keep them coming.

Happy Thanksgiving!