Michell Gyrodec, main bearing lube

I've had my Michell Gyrodec for a little less than ten years and have never lubed the main bearing since I did it during set up.  Artech, its distributor, says it should be done every five to six years. Instructions for lubrication look very complicated and easily screwed up. Does anyone on this board have experience lubing the main bearing? How has that gone? Any cautions or suggestions based on experience?
jazzbo_47
Not significantly different in doing an oil change on the older bearing and the newer inverted bearing (I've owned my Gyrodec since 1985 so have done multiple changes on both types of bearings) but the old style bearing would not be usable immediately following a change and would need at least a few hours to settle and seat properly.

With respect to oil, I've used Mobil 1 0W-40, Amsoil 0W-40 and the Audio Origami oil over the years, switching to the Audio Origami oil in the past few years. Anecdotally/subjectively, the Audio Origami oil is superior IMO in terms of sound quality; improvements are slight but they are there. The ceramic ball bearing makes a much bigger improvement in sound quality.

The Audio Origami oil is unquestionably a better lubricant though and much better at reducing friction in the bearing; the platter spins more freely and easily than with any other oil I've used. Worth the extra money IMO.
Just two of their own proprietary oil. I believe essentially a thicker and thinner version of the same oil. The thinner (standard version I believe) is appropriate for the inverted bearing on the Gyro/Orbe.

It appears they also sell the original Linn "black oil" as well.