Acoustat 4 Monitor: still actual?

Hello Friends,
I have the opportunity to buy from a friend a perfect huge pair of Acoustat Monitor 4, the biggest model from the strickland age, the model with the strange socket.
The speakers are perfect, the amps are perfect, the price very good..
Now I have a big pair of Rockport, and I am tempting to buy this speakers for a second system..
Are they some considerations? any experience from owner or ex owners?
is this model still actual in comparision to the latest electrostatic sopeakers..?
are the x better or vice versa?
Than you very much..
alexismaster
I bought the stats.. big sound for a little money.
The monitors are in perfect original conditions, they look's like new.
The clarity of the sound is quite embarassing..
and they sound's also "loud" and bold.
Hat's of, Mr Strickland!
Key Ealey of www.kenealeyaudio.com services and mods the Acoustat Servo amps. He's done great work for me in the past, and I'm planning on sending him my set of Servo amps one day for refurbishment.
I have a friend who has three and four panel Acoustats with the servo amps.

The four panels are an even easier load for the amps, and give you more bottom end impact.

Try lifting them off the floor a bit,but standard set up is still better than most of the stuff being sold today.

I kick myself for passing these speakers up on numerous occassions, maybe someday, I have friends with several of the speakers and spare amps in disarray.

If Ed is who I think he is of Foundation Research ,rest assured he is a master at improving the already great Strickland circuit.

My friend had his done by Ed Wolkow of Foundation Research, and never had any problems.

His line of power cord/conditioners- LC10, 1000, and the old LC 2 still amaze me.
Alexismaster- Congratulations on your purchase. They are excellent speakers. If I didn't already own Beveridge speakers they would be on my short list. Bob