Hegel H300 still worth getting?

Hi All,

I came upon a Hegel h300 at a good price. Since its an integrated amp with HT bypass I was wondering if they are still worth getting? Are they better than similar priced new integrated amp considering their better specs, i.e. 1K damping factor and etc.?

Thanks.
slash21
Just thought  I would throw in my 2 cents. I recently replaced a NAD M3 Master Series dual mono integrated amp with a used Hegel H300 integrated. Both sound superb, but I would give a slight edge to the H300 due to its amp section. It works very well with my Mag 1.7s. The NAD does not include a dac, but has way more features than the H300. And speaking of dacs, the one in the Hegel is ok if you don't have a separate one lying around, but my Schiit Yggdrasil just blows it away.
I guess I didn't answer the original question when posting my previous message. Yes, if a good amp/preamp with a lot of power suits your needs the H300 is absolutely worth getting. I am not impressed much by its dac, and if features like tone controls, balance, phase, etc. are important to you look elsewhere. But a H300 is quite a good sounding unit. If features matter check out the NAD M3 and supply your own dac of choice.
While this is probably too late to help the OP maybe it will help someone else. I've gone through various speakers, SS amps and tube amps over the last 40 years.  The only constant piece I've had is a Rotel rcd 1072 CD player and I love it.  I recently purchased a Hegel H300 after selling my last tube amp.  The way I'd describe the Hegel as is very balanced instrument wise.  For example, my last tube amp did really well bringing mid-range forward.  Vocals, guitar, piano etc sounded great but it lacked in lower mid/bass and cymbals weren't always clear.  The signature sound of this tube made many recordings sound bad and as a result I haven't listened to some of my old rock and roll recordings in years.  Id say in comparison the Hegel is non description and doesn't have a sound signature.  While some recordings may sound better then others none sound bad.  I'm now jamming to Zeppelin, Allman brothers, CCR and God I forgot how good Rush can sound. Cymbals are also about the best I've heard and my older blues music is very enjoyable again Personally I can't stand most of the music that is used to demo high-end audio gear so if that's what you like my opinion may be worthless to you.  As someone mentioned above, I agree the Hegel is laid back but to me this means I can just sit and listen to the music and not feel the urge to be critical of it.  Speakers I have are acoustic zen Adagio and I use a small sub.
Hope their is helpful to someone.
Post removed