B&W 802 N vs. D

I apologize in advance since this is probably an old question, but can someone summarize for me the differences in the sound of the 802 N and 802 D? I am wondering if the D's are worth the extra $$ they go for.
diw
<
I sell none of the brands mentioned.>>

Of course, none of those brands impact your sales of speakers as B&W does ;-). So probably that makes your opinion biased.
Jdec..It doesnt impact my speaker sales, I dont sell speakers...but I agree with Audiofeil totally.He nailed that discussion shut.I would venture to say Focal and Wilson sell as much or more speakers in the higher end market than B&W .I would also venture to say anyone shopping for speakers after listening to the new Wilson,Focal,Dynaudio,Avalon,Kharma(the list goes on and on)would never buy B&W..Just my opinion BTW,,enjoy those B&Ws
Missman, hi how are you? y tell me what the new focals list for then? ther $90,000+, wilson alexander $248, 000, ect. ect. slow & tubby 802d's you have never listened to them if thats your description!! or maybe you were looking in the mirror when you were writing your comment!

They are anything but slow & tubby!! you have to be in the 1% class that thinks the 802d is slow or tubby. e-mail one proffessional review that does'nt give the 802d at least a 92% rating! (I will be waiting for ever, because no one has rated the 802d as anything but superior.)

Kodg

Audiofeil
Dear audiofool (no serious just juicing things-up)

B&W has been in business for a long time because they produce great speakers at reasonable prices! Dinos?? B&W has been the biggest inventor of new technology in speakers since they began!!

You seem like the the guy that buys on fades, fancy colors & freaky cabinets. Your mind chages as the wind blows. I aim a blue jean & tee shirt guy not a fade chaser. I don't think y remain the 3rd largest manufacturer of speakers in the world by living off your reputation!

B&W has been an inovator & still is. Your telling me a daimond tweeter is a dino.?? that is the latest tech. available, they grow those daimond tweeters, which by the way have to reach the tempture of the sun to produce, if thats not cutting edge what is?

Of course it is just IMO. Their are so many speaker companies out their most will be gone in ten years & B&W will still be leading the way!

One last point y mentioned Wilsons as superior(new) hell they have been using the same bass/tweeter & mid range I think for 12 Years. That puppy is dead 10 times over in dog years!!

Kodg
Kodg,
GM has been in business for years. So much for your longevity argument. There are far better values at every B&W price point IMO.

And I've owned more speakers than you've heard.

You have a B&W love affair? Fine, it only shows your complete lack of inexperience.

Stop yakking and start listening.

Good luck.