Marantz SA-10 vs SA-KI Ruby

Hi all,

wondering if anyone one can explain what makes the difference in these 2 players? (Other than balanced outputs on the SA-10). 

MSRP difference is $2k...

Do people think they should sound the same?

thanks!
leemaze
 @twoleftears Bought the KI. So far sounds lovely. Will compare it to my Resolution Audio in a couple weeks. 

Off the bat though, running an airport express to its optical input sounds fantastic. 
Thanks for that. You inspired me to run my iPhone pandora through audio engine Bluetooth to KI dac via optical. Huge improvement over rca out from audio engine to amp. 
Cheers
RW

It's been 14 days and somewhere between 100-150 hours and the SA-KI Ruby has really started singing.  It's silky smooth sounding with super detail.

I have to say my 15 year old Resolution Audio CD50 holds up really well in comparison - nearly as sweet and "analog" in the mids - just as detailed.  But the Ruby has just started presenting a lot more 3-dimensionality between the instruments and it's starting to pull ahead.  To be continued...
leemaze
Thank You for the follow up. Looking forward in reading more impressions from you.  What other gear including cabling is in your system?
Happy Listening!