Totem Owners....

Hi all,
Just auditioned a pair and loved the sound of Totem. Very simple, unique, and musical.
Q1: What's the guide line, or how can I determine which model to buy.
Q2: What's destine sound unique of each one from Arro, Sttaf, Hawk, to Forest, Model-1 and, finally, the Mani-2?

Room: 16' x 16' x 8' ceiling
Amp: 180wpc Anthem A5
Pre-pro: Anthem AVM-30
Music type: Jazz, classical, music concert, instruments, Michael Buble, Eva Cassidy, Katie Melua, etc.
Volume: Midium Low. Listening time normally from 1am-4am.
128x128nasaman
A conflict of interest does not necessarily render information wrong, but disclosure of the conflict is always preferable. Anyway, the thread is getting derailed by the debate and mostly useless to the OP.

I owned a pair of Forests for about nine months. One of their exceptionally strong suits was the ability to sound dynamic at low volume. They are very fast speakers, cast a huge soundstage, and disappear thoroughly with the right electronics. They are more power hungry than the Hawks, but my perception was they could handle more volume when I wanted to crank them. Frankly, your room is small enough that I bet the Hawks would fill up the room nicely. I recommend choosing a cable with a somewhat relaxed sound - in the long run I found the aluminum dome tweeter to need a more forgiving signal. I went with Cardas Golden Cross with great results.
Just a quick note to say that I am currently in the middle of making the decision between whether to hang on to my pair of Ohm Micro-Walsh Talls or my pair of Totem Arros. It's a tough call, and I haven't yet made up my mind. But I have to say that the Arro is an extraordinary speaker: transparent, fast and very, very musical. And, as is well known, it's a "monster" in terms of imaging... those things produce a huge, holographic sound stage. Not the last word in bass extension, tremendous in all other respects, and remarkable in terms of bass extension for their size.
Totem will always have a special place in my heart because I've owned 4 different pairs, and I sold them for 5 years.

I owned the Mani-2 Signature, Forest, Hawk, and Arros. I've extensivly listed to the rest of their lineup as well.

With that said, I now own Harbeth C7's. The new ones with Radial drivers.

I will go out on a limb and say I will never upgrade again, ever!

Unless living circumstances change, and I move into a much larger house. Then I would just upgrade to the 40.1's. The nice thing about a move like that is I would not have to change any of my associated components.

Regards.
On the way driving home something has came cross my mind. The unique sound of Totem is still in there somewhere in my heart but since their sound is unmatched and totally diff with today high end speakers, I have to admit that it came pretty close to the sound of Bose. Ahhhhh!!!!
Does anyone still have or remember how the Bose's sound, any inputs?
Hi Friends, Any one help me ? I am having Hawk and I do not know whichis the best matching amp for these pairs. Even I am ready use multi chennal as a front speakers. Therefore I required suggestion from you all for best
matching stereo or multi chennal amp.