Classe CA301 or BAT VK-500

Real simple question. I am using Salk ht3 speakers with an efficiency rating of 84. BAT VK-500 or Classe CA 301?

Which will give me the bass and sweeter softer mids and mate well with my Aesthetix Calypso and drive the speakers without crancking 
dpm2340
I have a BAT VK-6200 myself. It really controls the Bass well, (doubles down @ 4 ohms) is musical in the mids though not overly warm, and throws a deep wide and detailed soundstage. It is quite dynamic and I love the sense of and re-creation of spacial queues when I listen to music and watch movies.

Steve and Viktor at BAT are quite easy to reach and speak with whenever you have a technical question. BAT without a doubt. 👍
Last year I replaced the primary amplification of my system which previously had utilized 2 channels of a Classe Amp 5 with a BAT VK 500 SE (with BatPak).  The rest of my system is ProAc Response 5, Classe Sigma SSP, Aurender N100H, Linn LP12, Nordost (various ranging from Valhalla to Frey) and PS Audio P10 power plant (not used on amplifiers).  

The Amp 5 is a solid home theater power source and I am happy with it for the 4 surrounds.  The BAT sounds more musical, more dynamic, soundstage deeper, wider, etc.  The differences were dramatic.  I expect the CA 301 is a far better sounding amplifier than the Amp 5 although I have never auditioned this specific piece.  I have listened to and auditioned numerous models in the Classe CAM series and they are much better than Amp 5.  Previously, I had been considering CAM 600 mono-blocks, but other comparably priced amps just sound better.  Not bad/good.  Just good/better.

This being said, the build quality of the BAT is Russian tank tough and power married with Moscow Ballet finesse, grace, art and beauty.   Support from Classe had been very good prior to the closing, I don't know about support in last year+ since they were shutdown and reopened.  BAT support has been exceptional--beyond reasonable expectations!

The only downsides of the BAT are that there is no standby function and the bias towards class A results in higher air conditioning and power bills.  It runs very warm so it definitely needs it's own space.  When powered up it takes less than 30 minutes to reach full potential.  It is also big and heavy (I think 135 pounds) and it is deeper than most components (around 25") so plan on putting it on it's own, dedicated stand.  Finally, because of some muting circuitry getting defeated if you quickly power down and back up, keep extra fuses on hand.  The fuses work at protecting your system.  This is clearly explained in the manual, but I did make the mistake...  once!  I have not experimented with upgrade fuses but have been told they can further improve performance.  Lastly, this should go without saying, the SE is a balanced design--ONLY.  There are only XLR inputs on this amp (no RCA).  

The bottom line is that I bought the VK 500 as a temporary upgrade until I could afford the SimAudio Moon 860M.  I am so happy with the VK, I have shelved plans to upgrade amplification and am completely focussing on other system improvements.  My experience is that this amp compares favorably to models costing 2 or 3 times as much.  Life expectancy and resale value are both top of class.  Sound quality is also top of class for sub $10,000 amplifiers.  Note that BAT does benefit from upgraded power cables and there are 2 of them due to the dual mono design.

If I sound thrilled with the BAT, it is because I am.  I would not hesitate in buying again and give it my highest recommendation!  Have fun listening!