Best MUSICAL subwoofer for Maxx 2's quality sound?

I posted this under the "speakers" forum, rather than "home theater" for a reason.

Looking to either buy another M&K MX 5000 subwoofer to go stereo pair setup....or, maybe a whole different subwoofer setup.

Running Wilson Audio Maxx 2's, and want to supplement the very low end (below 80 Hz) musically and very powerfully. (Maxx 2's are powered by 2 McIntosh 1201 monoblocks).

Suggestions? Just add another MX 5000, or change? If so, to what?

Thanks, in advance.

John
jbatlanta
Excuse me, but I have to ask. You have $50k ($28k used) speakers AND THEY NEED A SUB?

I do not understand some things, and people, for sure.
Rnm4: It doesn't matter how full range a speaker is when placed ideally for imaging (away from walls) you can lose bass reinforcement. You can also end up with the main speakers in a bass null related to the seating position. So using actively crossed over subwoofers in the best location (to prevent nulls or peaks) for subwoofers you can achieve an ideal balance.
For what its worth I wonder that the issue with base may not be a function of your amplifier. The Mac 1201, while a great amp, has if I recall an autotransformer. A chap I know has the exact same set up and complained to me about not having enough base. Though i am not terribly knowledgable about this, I spoke with a friend of mine who is very familiar with the area and he was concerned that the amp would not work well with the type of load a maxx 2 presents. This is not said to stir up angst or anger but just an observation. The maxx 2 are great by the way. Good luck
Post removed 
Cytocycle,

Yes, of course that can happen. But I'd have to say that that's just poor room/speaker match. In that price range, one can afford the right speaker for the room, or even to build the right room for the speaker. He's already paid for bass -- of extraordinarily high quality and for huge $. To add a sub to an already full range speaker, diddling with crossovers, "reinforcing" what's not working right, is throwing money and compromise at a problem that should be addressed at its root.

Anyway, just saying "away from walls" won't explain why he lacks bass. Of course imaging is best away from walls, and $50k Wilsons are built to have great bass where they image best (I have to assume). So either his speakers are set up not just away from walls but in a particularly poor spot for bass -- in which case either move 'em to somewhere else away from walls, or they really are irremediably mismatched with the room -- or the problem is the amp/speaker combo, as Gajgmusic suggests (that's my bet).