Tubes Audio Mirror PP1

I just purchased a audio mirror pp1 in fantastic condition, I had one a few years back had to return it as it was slightly damaged but had a chance to listen to it, and now have it back.My components have changed since then and so has the sound.I know there are 7 tubes inside I believe they are stock tubes.Looking for a little more smoother sound(treble) to compliment my coaxial driver.My speakers are 96db and at the moment can't get the volume control past 1/4 turn even with 40 watts per.I have purchased a pair of genelex gold lion ax7 but as I just found out have all the gain I need, I am ok with that if the sound is smoother.Any suggestions would help and where to place the tubes as there is a phono section in the pre, trying to improve the output.
Thank You.
128x128hocheye
Power amps are channel island chip amps the original vmb-1 mono blocks 40 watts per.Love these amps.
Thanks for the info, I am aware of upscale audio and they do sell quality tubes, I found a pair of older rca 12au7,s and I will try them with the genelex,  my goal is to soften the treble a small amount and reduce the gain if this happens and I will be happy.I my have to go to a different tube comination or all of the same brand.The radiotechnique look interesting.
Thanks for the feedback.
@hocheye I always mix "lousy" with "lousey" - which can completely change the meaning of the sentence.