We Need A Separate Forum for Fuses

LOL, I'll bet I gotcha on that Title! ;)  BTW, I put this thread under "Tech Talk" category as it involves the system physically, not tangentially. 

More seriously, two question survey:

1. Do you think designer fuses are A) a Gift to audiophiles, or B) Snake Oil 

2. Have you ever tried them?  Yes or No

In the tradition of such questions on Agon, I'll weigh in as we go along... 
Feel free to discuss and rant all you wish, but I would like to see clear answers to the questions. :) 
douglas_schroeder
And George, whatever...

Whatever back at you sunshine.

This is the only reason to change a fuse and not to expect some magical increase in sound quality.

This is all potential fusers need to know, forget the "snake oil’ being preached.
As this is what happens to any fuse (including the "snake oil" ones) that have seen too many turn on cycles, it’s called fuse ageing with "switch on surges", as there’s far more current goes through it at the moment of switch on than any other time, as it has to charge up empty power supply caps ect.
That’s why fuses and light globes can blow (if nothings wrong) at time of turn on surge, here are some pics of fuse ageing.

A slow-blo fuse "ageing" right to left
https://peakpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/fuse-8312-640x426.jpg

A fast-blo fuse "ageing" left to right
https://i.stack.imgur.com/0uqWX.jpg%20 

Just change your tired old fuse/s for the same quality $2 ones that were in there. Forget about the "snake oil fuses" for $600!!! + for 4

Cheers George

nonoise - .....to say someone needs to calm down (which is what "wrapped too tightly" implies) is not name calling.....
@nonoise 

That would be true.  However, I'm referring to your addressing kosst_amojan as costco. Please refer to your 04-27-2018 5:19pm post.
mitch2 - Serious question...is there any way this thread could be more entertaining? Dancing bears.....

@mitch2
I agree. This thread - and the forum in general - is entertaining. And for that, I’m grateful to everyone. 🙂

Somebodies needle is stuck in the groove.
Not sure how many times one can post the same thing before everybody just glazes over and falls to the ground with a dull thud.
Is that the ploy, capitulation by exhaustion?
That would be true. However, I'm referring to your addressing kosst_amojan as costco. Please refer to your 04-27-2018 5:19pm post.
That was in jest, gdhal, as to not be so serious, high and mighty. 
You're really reaching now, aren't you?