Opinions: Used BAT VK-51SE or New VK-23SE

Looking for any BAT owners out there that would have an opinion on which piece I should go with.  I can get a used VK-51SE for slightly less than a new VK-23SE.  The 51 is from ~2003 if my google searches were correct.  The 23 is obviously newer which means newer technology.  But that 51 was their top dog back in the day and all the reviews I can find rave about it.  The 51 is factory refurbished as well.

I'm leaning towards the 51, but would appreciate any thoughts BAT owners would have.  
snafujg
My recommendation would be to get a BAT VK-300SE (plentiful in the $2000 range) and plug in a pair of the NOS 6H30 "DR" tubes ($600/pr). I've been using this platform for years and I love the sound. You can, if you wish, use it as a preamp (has preamp-out) or as an integrated (150/300 WPC 8/4 ohms).
If you love it as much as I do, you can sell your Emotiva to reduce costs. If your Focals allow bi-wiring, keep the Emotiva and have a bi-amped monster system. Plenty of options... 
Warmth is definitely what I'm after.  I feel the Focals resolve so well that if I lost a little to gain in musicality and warmth, I'd be fine.  

An integrated is definitely a possibility.  When I was looking into Accuphase, that's the route I was looking.  Just don't think I can get into an Accuphase with my budget.  I haven't looked into the BAT integrated, I will research that.  Good point on the integrated as a preamp, leaving me an option to potentially sell the Emotiva to offset cost.
Well all 4 that I listed, BAT, Pass Labs, Coda, and McIntosh are on the warmer side of neutral, as is the Accuphase that you mention.

Accuphase E-470 are certainly rare on the used market, but they do pop up once in a while for around $5-6K. While that is a bit more than you were looking to spend on a preamp, it may be attainable considering you could sell your Emotiva power amp, and an integrated amp would require fewer cables/cords.

There is currently an Accuphase E-307 Integrated amp w/phono on Audiogon listed for $2,400 used.
There's also a BAT VK-300SE listed for $3,025, which seems a bit high to me.
$3,025 for "Factory Re-certified; Warranty" is too much? Why?
BTW, Has a MM phono board installed...
My recommendation would be to get a BAT VK-300SE (plentiful in the $2000 range)

That's why. $3025 is about 50% more than the going rate for one of these units. Now if you want to pay 50% more for a certification and/or MM phono stage, that's fine.

BTW, if you go to the TMR website you can find the same unit for $2824.
But feel free to pay more, some have no problem spending more for the same. ;^)