Epos

What’s the status of the Epos company? They seem to have so few speakers offered, just wondering if they sank.
128x128drhamlingrichard
^ I think they missed the mark with the newer K series. Definitley not the route I would have gone. I had the Epos Epic 2s and thought they punched way above their price. I almost bought a pair of Elan 15s recently. IMO, Epos speakers possess an extremely rare combination of finesse, resolution, and excellent dynamics. I heard some older Meridian speakers a while back that reminded me of the Epos sound.

If I were them, I’d revise some of their classics, like the M and ES series, but with updated components.

Apparently they made an appearance at the Munich show last year. I wonder if they've sort of given up on the U.S. market. 
Too many monkey-coffin boxes that look and sound alike! Remember Tangent? Good sounding British speakers that failed in the marketplace! I owned a pair of RS2's (KEF B220 and T27 in a sealed box). Kept them for two years and stupidly sold them when I bought my first pair of Quads.
 Others I know have said similar’ remarks. I thought they had something special with  the M series and the Elan....
I bought a pair of their 14's 25 years ago. I took them out of the main system years ago when getting into SE equipment. Still using them upstairs with the television & will probably never sell them. They still sound great and although used everyday, don't get exercised much anymore. 
@roberjerman,

Too many monkey-coffin boxes that look and sound alike! Remember Tangent? Good sounding British speakers that failed in the marketplace!

I don't know anything about Tangent, but all the British brands I've heard have a unique sound. IMO, what most have in common is the ability to make monkey coffins sound less like monkey coffins. They tend to have excellent timbre and naturalness as well. I find that Epos has a somewhat unique faculty for high-level dynamics.They don't sacrifice midrange refinement (much) for bass slam. I've read that ProAc is similar in this regard but haven't had a chance to hear any.

What really sets Epos apart is their value. I once compared the Epic 2s to Harbeth C7ES3s and preferred the Epics.