HDMI Adapter???

Has anyone used an HDMI adapter to DVI with any success in trying to get a hi-def picture?

My HD DVD player requires an HDMI connection for a hi-def picture. My projector only has the regular rca connector for video or DVI connector.

your comments and experiences here will be welcomed..

mitch
128x128mitch4t
It should work just fine. I've used one between my HD cable STB and Plasma Display. Another possibility is to buy a cable that is DVI on one side and HDMI on the other. I bought one from PCcables.com. Here's a link to the one I bought. I think it was a very good cable for the $18.00 price.

http://www.pccables.com/cgi-bin/orders6.cgi?action=Showitem&id=ID806301&partno=01712&search=HDTV&rsite=pccables.com&rcode=

Enjoy,

TIC
Just used an HDMA-DVI cable yesterday to demo an HD processor. Passed an HD pix just fine.
yes I have.
I picked up an HDMI /DVI cable from Signal cable and am happy with the results. (oppo 871 ?)

Good luck,
Jeff
Greetings,
With both of the Hi-Def formats You might have a problem with the HDMI to DVI connection because of a sync issue having to do with HDCP. I had ths problem with my Sanyo PLV-Z2 and others have had the same problems with various other older projectors(couple years) with this connection. I had this issue with the Sony BDP-S1 and the Toshiba HD-XA1(hi-def players). I never had a problem with my Pioneer DV-59Avi or any other SD/up converting player through the conversion.(HDMI out DVI in).