Are you getting ridiculous offers from new members

I've been trading here for over 15 years and just recently I am getting stupid offers and comments on my listings from members who are fairly new, have no feedback, no discussions. Trolls
herman
Awhile back and during the golden era of Audiogon there was a time when none of us had feedback and a seller went out on a limb and gave an opportunity to some individuals to get established, good deal! However there are now more risks because there are a group of newbies to Audiogon that are trying to con sellers. This happened twice to me because I was working with new members with no feedback trying to con me but was able to see through before I got too involved. I'm not certain I will now do a repeat on that.
This sounds like a relatively newish phenomena.    While I have not posted in the forum all that much over the years I had been quite active selling and buying all for my own use since (according to Agon staff)   since 2002.   Not much these days.     I have run into a couple of characters over the years but nothing like what has been reported here in this thread.    I did get a very odd transaction going with a character that joined to buy a pair of 2a3's I think it was and it got very problematic although I did not lose the tubes.    I did get ripped off a bit on a very suspicious speaker driver mishap and UPS would only cover shipping cost and not the damage --- which quite possibly was actually the fault of the buyer.    I ate $100 just to get it over with so thats not too bad.  Only loss ever on here.    Overall  all transactions have been good..   But still have not encountered that  particularly  aggressive and rude behavior that other members are reporting here.      
Ha, I have done that before, it was fun. Got a nasty response, don't care.
I'm new... what is considered a lowball offer? 5% off asking, 15% off?
If anything below asking is lowball, then why have the feature at all?

I've watched two offers expire with no response, then watched the item expire only to be reposted with new ending date.

At least now I understand why I didn't see a rejection email. 
I didn't intend any insults. 

PS -  it was a pair of used speaker cables