Blu Ray connectability HDMI / Component

Hi - I've been trying to decide whether or not to make the jumpt to Blu Ray now that Denon has produced a good Blu Ray / DVD player.

I'm concerned though - my display, a Pioneer Elite Pro 610, I think, a 58" rear projection (5 years young) doesn't have an HDMI input.

Is my understanding correct that one can only see HD from these players through HDMI? If so, I'd need a new display, new receiver with switching and a new source.

If that's so, I'll stick to DVD.
joe_in_seattle
We have had nothing but trouble using the DVI input with Blu-Ray and cable boxes. It either cuts off and on or the HDCP warning blocks the picture.
My display was produced just before DVI - I correctly assumed DVI would not be "the standard" but unfortunately assumed component would always be an option.

Fortunately, I'm pleased with DVD's as presented on my screen in the space I have available for HT.

Thanks for all the input,
Lots of people for the time being are getting great picture quality from Blu-Ray via component.

The restrictions are coming but not for a long time. Get the Blu-Ray, enjoy it in your current system and do your display catch-up when you need to.

There is also an interesting thing called 'HDFURY'

Google it.
My display (booklet) says it does 480p and 1080i; is "interlaced" as good as progressive? If my display does 1080 i only and I out-of-date as far as HD? Thanks,'