what speakers to buy

so this is my 1st time posting. the question is what speakers. i am going into this blind trying to put together a decent system on a budget. i live in a city where bose is considered the high end of high end and the nearest audiophile shops are hours away.
over the years i have owned a lot of vintage gear and still collect some of it. solid state and tube. some of the tube gear was marantz, macintosh, dynaco, heathkit, radio craftsmen, pilot etc. also the usual solid state marantz, pioneer, kenwood, adcom. speakers jbl, polk, altec (model 19 and vott), paradigm, klipsch, bozak, sansui, AR, advent. all the usual suspects
so far i have purchased a copland tube pre cta-305 and a pair of rogue audio m180 amps. all mint condition all under a year old for under half price of new. i also have a denon DP-60L TT 
(with sumiko pearl cartridge)
speaker budget is around 5000 give or take a 1000. if i'm patient i think i can find something that was originally in the 12-20k price range for what i want to spend.
so far i am leaning towards ew andra ii, dali euphonia 800, canton reference 3.2, revel studio ii. size is also a factor and all of these are within that limit.
i have a fairly large area open concept living /dinning and breakfast nook with high ceilings.
and i know "dont buy without listening" but not an option
so looking for some opinions/options

after speakers i will be getting tuner, cd and music server, current interconnects and speaker wire are all ZU mission

dragonbutx
I read one of your responses and felt I needed to respond when I saw Pantera and Priest among your preferences, as they are two of my all time favorites. I have a stupid collection of speakers and gear which has gotten a bit out of hand.... and I listen to everything from Metal to Classical, jazz, funk and whatever else I can sink my teeth into-often all in the same day as my rig is my office. 
For the lsat year My go to speakers have been b&w cdm 9's for good music but I never beat on them- I crank tunes with JBL L100t3s and some old 4311's- Speaking of the mighty Priest, I cooked the tweeters in some giant Klipsch KLF30s which absolutely rocked (albeit with a bit of "horn tweeter fatigue) while wailing heading out to the highway- 
recently I scored an entire Revell set up of original Gems and M20's?? Not sure- either way, I've got to say that the Revel Gems have been running daily for about 2 months and playing everything I can spin on Tidal- They really do sound good. last night began with Yo Yo Ma and ended with Ice T's Body Count covering Slayer. The revels are solid, very good sounding speakers but as a rock roll man, I'm always looking for more bottom end so I'm considering a JL sub to replace my older Paradignm 10". I think the Revel stuff will take the abuse better than the B&Ws. and the revels have been noted in many hifi pubs for their ability to handle a lot but I also think a sweet set up would be maybe some used 805 2 ways but a sub would be mandatory - Ideally I'm working  towards Having 2 killer systems- one for real listing, and one for really kicking ass.
i certainly have enough gear- just not enough time to make it happen

Wow. When shadorne becomes inflamed about you pushing brands, you know you have violated all objectivity.

Dave

Hi Dave. I'm certain you already know I truly enjoy your witticism. What you may not know is that I do at times follow the advice of others on the forum. And while I certainly could have engaged shadorne in some spirited back-and-forth, in this case, I'll simply "play in another sandbox". 
@dlcockrum

Dave did you read this thread at all?

Post number 1 below the OP thread starter has a link to a used Focal Utopia for sale.

I chimed in that this was an excellent suggestion and an opportunity worth taking immediately.

Gdhal ignored this twice in an attempt to dismiss Focal as a viable choice even when Cycles2 pointed things out.

Sorry but I think some push back against Tekton is sadly becoming necessary on Audiogon - not because Tekton isn’t a great speaker but because it isn’t the the ONLY great speaker. I suspect I am not the only one tired of this....
Yes shadorne I did read it and feel you made a very valid point re: the Focal opportunity. I heard Focals once at SR’s development center and was impressed and also at an RMAF with a similarly positive impression.

My comment was aimed at what I see to be exclusion/dismissal of options other than those chosen by ourselves, your posts on this thread being a notable exception to a strong proclivity in that area (my opinion).

I am guilty of this also, as is 90+% of those here (almarg being a shining exception IMO), but try not to unfairly disparage other gear in an effort to rationalize my biases . Yet, I find myself becoming more and more frustrated/discouraged with the approach that, it seems to me, is becoming more about puppy love than a mature and experienced selection of gear than is intended to provide years of reliable, long term listening satisfaction and then focusing on the less glamorous task of making that system excel.

I hold no opinion of the Tekton speakers as I have not heard them, nor any other brand that I have no experience with, yet I see thread after thread where fellow audio enthusiasts inquire about recommendations to replace perfectly good gear when no attempt has been made to accommodate their current component nor the room and feel doggedly certain that the new piece will not achieve its potential in that situation any more than the piece that is being kicked to the curb was able to.

I think the time has come that we old timers with systems carefully selected and optimized vs the soup de jour must acknowledge that views and approaches to audio nirvana have changed and thus pick and choose our contributions accordingly, be prepared for our advice to be utterly ignored, or just simply move on.

Dave