Personal speaker evolution

OK, so here is a thread I haven't ever seen here: What speakers have you owned? starting with the earliest, price paid, new/used, and perhaps the models that really impressed you (for the price) in CAPS.

Rat Shack Something or others, $120, new
Fisher Something or others, $280, new
ADS L710's, $550, new
Snell A2i's, $1100, used
BEVERIDGE SYSTEM 3'S, $1000, used
Martin Logan CLS, $1400, used
MARTIN LOGAN SL3'S, $2300, used
pmwoodward
I can't believe that I forgot about the JSE 1.8s I used to own. How would I have gotten through the late 80's without those Infinite Slopes? Never was turned on enough by the JSE 2s to go for them, although I did have them in a too small room(stored them for a friend who was moving). They lacked life to my ears.

Sean, I for one, am waiting with baited breath for you to put forth your list...
1. Heathkit drivers mounted in the lower cabinets of the built in bookshelves in my bedroom as a teenager - driven by solid-state electronics.

2. As a young married man, Polk monitor 10 driven by solid-state electronics. Actually at the time I was looking at Bose 501's, until I stumbled across the Polk's..there but for the grace of God go I!

3. Rogers LS35A - driven by tubes - boy was this ever liquid..no base to speak of however.

4. Pyramid Metronome 3 with single sub - still tubes

5. Bose 501's - Just kidding!!

6. Acoustat 2+2 - still tubes

7. Melos Single Ribbon with dynamic woofer units..not sure of the model - Still tubes

8. Melos Triple Ribbon with larger dynamic woofers..the beginning of Mark Porzilli's speaker design Philosophy that later led to his Pipe Dream designs - These were simply amazing. Still tubes

9. Audax CX-7, vintage 1960's or maybe 50's...aaaaaaaaargh yuck! Eight 3" paper cone drivers arranged in a quasi point smear source dinkleberry alignment. Quite simply nails on chalk board highs, sucked out mids and non-existent base. Its been an ordeal [sob]. By way of explanation, I moved to Texas and could not take Triple Ribbons...too large and heavy. So I used these garage sale relics while auditioning for a new speaker system - still tubes

10. Vienna Acoustics Mahler’s - Just got them...best I have owned to date...easy to set up..great sound in every way. Even my wife likes them..[stunned silence]. These will be a long term relationship. -Still tubes

To my dear wife...thanks for putting up with all my BS.

O well, in debt again. Charitable donations can be sent to the VISA Corporation in care of BIOMAN.
perhaps I can win the award for shortest list.

Vandersteen Model 3's (1992) $2300 still own them
B&W Nautilus 805's (Y2K - $2K) + REL stadium III ($2.25K)

After my next preamp, I will swap out the Vandy's
Have been auditioning for 2 years, will probably wait
another 2 years.

Klipsch Forte
Totem Mani-2
Martin Logan CLS2 with Kinergetics sw800
Sonus Faber Extrema
Martin Logan SL3
Martin Logan CLS

maybe the Merlin VSM next (it's been nearly an year)
I've only had two pairs of commercial speakers:
One was my first pair which was some unknown store brand 3-way system.
The other was a set of Linn Kans.
All my others were my own DIY handbuilts.