What's been your turntable ownership over the years?

Dual 1225
B&O RX with MMC5 cartridge
Denon DP-59L 
Rega Planar 3
Kenwood KD5070
Harman Kardon T45
Thorens TD-125 mk II w/Rega RB303 arm
128x128lou_setriodes
I was raised on radio and records.  When the CD and digital music came about in the early to mid 80s, I went forward with that and never looked back.  I get that the turntable and records can, together, can constitute a musical experience (especially for old guys like me) but don't kid yourself into thinking that analog music reproduction can ever compete with Redbook or better.

So my turntable ownership since around 1991 is zero.  Just like film...some want it to still be better...but it just can't be.
Similar experience to me, with one exception.  I flogged all my LPs in the early 90s and went for CD.  Started well (if one ignores the extra money I could not afford) but I did have some vexing experiences with CD, especially reissues.  A classic example was The Rite of Spring on DG - Claudio Abbado conducting the LSO.  It was lifeless.  It took until about 2010 when I twigged - these companies, even reputable ones like DG, have to make money and reissues of the (then) new format are one way to make a buck.  Unfortunately even more money can be saved by not allowing for the change of format in the reissue process.  Net result: original vinyl superior to CD, often substantially so.  I got on the vinyl revival bandwagon and by then I had sufficient money to afford decent gear.  I presently run a digital system and a vinyl rig.  When I am in bad company (ie alone) I play my digital rig.  When I am in good company it is always the vinyl rig that gets a workout - more fun, more involving, and in about - say - 3/4 of the comparisons where it is vinyl vs digital the vinyl wins out, despite a more expensive digital rig.

If cheap vs cheap - you will get crap vinyl and good digital.  If midprice vs midprice the gap closes but I would still prefer digital.  If pushing it towards the high end (where I am at) then vinyl is superior.  By way of example of my level I run a Pass Labs X150.8 power amp.  Other gear is around that level.  I believe if one went for really high-end gear the the preference for the analogue sound would widen.

All this is one factor.  Another factor is how much work are you prepared to put in. If you are mildly anal and take fastidious care with setup (cleaning, azimuth, VTA, SRA, Tracking Force, cleaning, Bias, and more cleaning) and several other things I could mention then even a midrange vinyl system has the (and I apologize for the abstract adjectives) analogue, warm, inviting sound.  

Not a perfect analogy but there is some similarity with the equally interesting valve vs SS debate.  The numbers are with the transistors, but the smiles are with the tubes! 
Sota Sapphire w/Sumiko MMT arm.....  for nearly 30 years!!

I am a gear nut, and I have replaced everything else in my system many times over, but I have never lusted to replace my SOTA.

And let's please stop arguing if LP or CDs are better.  Neither is better.  They are simply different, and it really depends on the mastering.  I have good and bad examples of both formats.  Just STOP IT already!!!
from 400 years ago  - Dual 1019 then Philips 312 then Denon 47

From 1994 on:

1994-1997 --  Well Tempered Reference & Arm

1997-2001 -- VPI TNT V with JMW Arm

2001-2004  -- Rockport Sirius II (regret selling this one)

2004 - present  -- SME 30 w/SME V tonearm
I'm thinking about adding a turntable to my ma6600. Is there a quality unit that I can get for under $1,000 that would give me  90-95% sound of a high end unit ? Any recommendations for a modern looking unit with that price range would be appreciated. 
At the moment i have a Denon DP59L, a Denon 47f and a Kenwood 7010. 

Before I have had:
JVC QL 5 YF
Technic SL 1200
Technics SL 1300 mk2
Technics SL 1700 mk2
Technics SL 1500 mk2
Technics SL 1100
Technics SL 110
Denon DP 37F
Denon DP 35F