Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
My Dear friend : There is no such a thing as perfect speakers or perfect amp or pre amp or cd player. They all have positive and negative points. I have 4 different sets of speakers and the all sound great but not perfect. It is the art of matching with the res of your system .
was that post for mine? I don't see where I said perfect. In fact, my point was that I have really enjoyed many of those speakers. I have a few sets right now also and have loved them for different reasons. I'm now going to sell off everything as I'm starting over. I agree with you in that there is no perfect anything.
Don't hang on to speakers for LIFE.
Spoil yourself.
New speakers may not necessarily perform better in any particular area than your otherwise excellent ProAcs, but you do get tired of looking at the same old two boxes day in and day out.
I recently switched from slow and dated [looking] Meadowlark Shearwaters to fast and sexy [looking] System-Audio Mantra 50s and have not regretted this move.
@Ctspooner I've never heard the extremas but, have always lusted after them. My acupuncturist had supertowers and I always thought they had an uncanny rightness about them - even when laying on a table!

I forgot about B&W 800's - very impressive but, who would have the right space to make them sing? I've also been very impressed by song big Ushers - can't recall the model - something Dancer. Furthermore, I'd add the MBL 101 Radialstrahler.

The speaker I'd most like to hear is the Dali Megaline. Nothing sexier than a huge ribbon tweeter.
I have gone through an embarrassing # of speakers in my search. I was in the hobby for 20 years before selling almost everything and focusing on family and career. Now, back into it again.
First go round I owned Kef, Audes, Duevel, Totem, Usher, Talon, B&W, Anthony Gallo, Meadowlark, Aerial Acoustics, Von Schweikert, Omega, Thiel, Polk, Martin Logan, NHT, Verity Audio, Rethm and a few others I don't even remember....
Before I sold 8 years ago, I had a pair of Firebird Talon's that I loved (although they sounded better with the original ceramic tweeter then the diamond tweeter I upgraded to). I sold those but kept my Aerial Acoustics 10T's for my HT system. I still have the 10T's in my family room, and they still sound amazing!
My new 2 channel system will be using Vienna Acoustics The Muzik speakers, which I have yet to pass judgement on. But my Aerial Acoustics 10T's do fit the thread title; I will keep them forever. Even considering all the others I have listed, the 10T is a revolution in performance; especially considering their current going rate here on Audiogon.