Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
Snell B Model. I have had a pair since they first came out in the early 90's and they are still outstanding compared to almost any speakers I have heard for under $7500/pr since. I recently needed to replace a blown woofer and had the mids reglued, and installed Cardas Patented Binding Posts and now they are better than ever.
Wow, just heard the Vandy 7's at Audio Connection in Verona, NJ and was blown away. They would be my choice if I was playing in that range. They were with AR Ref preamp and the Ayre mono blocks. WHAT a set up. Not sure what TT they were using, but I didn't even hear a pop or click. If I could do vinyl like that at my house with my Rotel-855 and VanDenHull cart, I think I'd keep the TT. I still may. Vandy 7's were just natural and did everything right.
After 40 years of upgrading speakers in my sound system http://arcamadeus.simplesite.com/305336804
I think that my new System-Audio Mantra 50's are going to remain in my system for LIFE!
Arcamadeus, with 53 years or more in this hobby, I too conclude that my BMC Arcadia speakers will be for life. Of course, that may not be for long. I'm still having fun.
Rogers Studio 1, purchased new in 1983. 30 years on, and I still love the way they sound. Every upgrade in my gear has allowed them to reveal more and become more musical. I may move on one day, but that day isn't today.