Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
Hornshoppe Horns. Despite the inherent and obvious limitations (on paper) of a 3", rear horn loaded driver, I have yet to be so captivated by a speaker. None of the 'shortcomings' are at all apparent when one listens to this jewel. With no crossovers and being directly 'wired' to the amp, one gets the sonic 'gestalt' of
any presentation. Truth in timbre, lightning fast transients, great dynamic swings, its all there. A real find.
I agree with Nocaster, I have different speakers and components in different houses and even different systems in the same house. I would buy the Boston Accoustics A200 speakers again today although if you could find them I'm sure $3,000 would be a good deal. I've had them hooked up to a Hafler and together perform better than anything else I have ever bought. They are high end.
have refoamed all four woofer in 1996 . No reason to replace
them . after this many years i'm too used to them