Grateful Dead May 77 Box Set Announced

Just a half hour ago dead.net announced they are releasing the new Betty Board Box Set from 1977 :-)

May 5 New Haven, CT

May 7 Boston, MA

May 8 Ithaca, NY

May 9 Buffalo, NY

... and will be transferred by Jeffery Norman using Plangent Processing (WOW that's great news)

Get Shown the Light, limited to 15,000 individually numbered copies, is available to pre-order exclusively from the Dead site. The Cornell set will also be available as a digital download in Apple Lossless and FLAC formats beginning May 5th. The Barton Hall concert will also be available in three-CD, limited-edition five-LP, digital download and streaming formats.

The full Light set will come in an elaborate box constructed by Masaki Koike, featuring a book by Peter Conners, Cornell '77: The Music, the Myth and the Legend of the Grateful Dead's Concert at Barton Hall, and an essay by Dead scholar Nicholas G. Meriwether. (Conners' book will also be available for purchase separately.)

128x128otherone

Love the fact that the Minglewood has NO patch!!!

Life is good... enjoy listening this weekend folks!

still have the CAL Audio spinner - may get the Oppo 205 (and use it as a DAC too); if so the CAL Audio spinner may just go downstairs as 2nd bedroom system (old Maggies and Sonic Frontiers Line 1 pre- also could be down there, at least for a while)

BTW, the downloads are listed as temp. unavailable right now on the GD website - maybe too many people are hitting the servers?
got mine today

first was 5/9/77. Help>Slip>Franklin, best i ever heard. 

sonics are incredible. mastering is A+. 

packaging is the stupidest sh&t i've ever seen. can't fit in my cd rack, any of them. 

and i know i wont be reading the book on cornell that was included. might as well go dance about my car. 

but the music? ---sheesh...enjoy folks (i know you will)
Got mine today.  Bought both the CD box set and the vinyl.  The CDs are stunning!  
Can't wait to get into the LP probably tomorrow or later on in the weekend.  
No complaints about the packaging.  Really beautiful.  OK, just one complaint:  the CDs don't stay put in their slots.  Mine were dislodged when I unpacked the box for the first time but none had any damage.  

On another note, I went to my local record store today and picked up the variety of swag items for the release party.  The tapers patch is pretty cool.  
Release parties/events like this should happen more often IMO.  It makes it a lot of fun, which is what music should be.