Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
geoffkait                                       1/23/17

" Uh, come again. What are you attributing the restoration of the sound to if not the inherent directionality of the fuse itself? "

I was merely responding to Almarg who stated " I have contended that it is impossible for a fuse to have inherent directional characteristics. "

I wanted to state the only experience I had on this topic. I had originally replaced (7) standard fuses [ (4) in my power amp, (2) in my CD player and (1) in my preamp ] with Synergistic red fuses. I later replaced the single fuse in the preamp with a Synergistic black. There was a significant improvement in sound quality so I decided to upgrade the Cd player with blacks. However when I replaced the fuses in my CD player ( with SR black fuses ) the system sounded like it was out of phase. I took out both fuses and turned them around 180 degrees. This solved the problem and the system made another leap forward.

I did not form an opinion as to why the change in orientation was so dramatic. To this day I have not come to any firm conclusions. Was it a mechanical connection problem ? I really do not know. I refuse to say that the fuses are directional. I also refuse to say they are not directional. I don't really care either way.

This is what I meant when I said in my post " I DID NOT CONCLUDE THAT THE FUSE ITSELF IS INHERENTLY DIRECTIONAL"

Nyame, not sure why you are not on board the fuse directionality train since almost everyone else reports SR fuses are in fact directional. Even SR states their fuses are directional. I find it odd especially in light of your having SO MANY SR fuses that you have not followed suit. Hop aboard the fuse directionality train. All aboard! Toot toot!
Geeoffkait                        

I need more information before boarding the train:

I do not know the manufacturing process used in fuse manufacture.
I do not understand the properties of graphene as it relates to SR fuses.
I do not know the full effects of Quantum tunneling.
I have no information on the fuse holders.
I do not know if the labels on the fuses are oriented in the same direction.

nyame
Geoffkait,

I need more information before boarding the train:

I do not know the manufacturing process used in fuse manufacture.
I do not understand the properties of graphene as it relates to SR fuses.
I do not know the full effects of Quantum tunneling.
I have no information on the fuse holders.
I do not know if the labels on the fuses are oriented in the same direction.

All of of those things are irrelevant. Start with the assumption all fuses are directional. When you have many fuses in your system the only way to determine directionality is check each fuse, one at a time, for sound in both directions and keep the fuse in the direction that sounds best. Then move to the next fuse and repeat. Check all fuses one at a time. Th sound should get progressively better. When you have finished checking all fuses for directionality you can repeat the whole process in case you made a mistake or weren’t sure about one or more fuse. The second time around you should experience an easier time deciding which direction is best for each fuse since the system will be more resolving.

To all of the naysayers: In your opinion, am I supposed to disbelieve my  lying ears?????

With all due respect, especially for Wolf, here' s a recommended tweak that you may want to try: 

http://www.pharmapacks.com/products.php?product=Murine-Ear-Wax-Removal-System-1-Each