Looking for a Speaker Recommnedation

Looking to upgrade from my current Rogers LS3/5a + AB1 REL 328 setup .  While I love the smooth mids of these speakers (especially on voices/acoustic instruments), I tend to play harder music more frequently (alt/rock/punk/etc) which these do not excel at. I like to play music loud and have a real world living room my system is in (cathedral ceiling, open on one side, many windows. couch between my speakers) so setup is a challenge. I hate harsh sounding speakers.

My current playback system consists of a Oppo-BDP105 (or primarily Roon/JRiver via Ethernet) into a PS Audio DirectStream Jr DAC > Conrad Johnson Premier 14 Tube Pre > Conrad Johnson MF2500a Amp.  All run by a PS Audio P5 with a combination of Nordost/Shunyata cabling.

Looking to spend around $4,000-$7,000 but could be flexible. Used or new is fine.

Currently considering:

PSB Imagine T3
Vandersteen Trio CT
Spendor D7
Mangepan 3.7i (don't think this will work with high SPL)
Endeavor Audio E-3
Revel F208
Golden Ear Triton 1
Dynaudio Excite X44

Any other speakers I should be considering based on my equipment, volume preference and music? Anything I should eliminate?

Looking forward to hearing everyone's opinions & thank you in advance
fdemello
I also really like the ProAcs. (It was probably because of sbrownnw's recommendations that I auditioned them in the first place--so thanks!) I listened to the 148s with The Pixies, Stone Roses, Nick Cave & REM among others; I can attest they handle pop/rock really well. The difference between a good & bad recording was immediately obvious, but manifested as 2d vs 3d imaging rather than any sort of harshness. I also had some Aphex Twin and the bass is extended and articulate. They do have what I'd consider a British mid-range, but I think that's a good thing when complemented by their excellent treble & bass.

I currently have Monitor Audio (Silver 2) & my guess is MA is not what you're looking for.  I find them admirably neutral (especially for the price), but so refined they're almost stodgy--though a power amp of your caliber may be able to kick them into gear.  Personally I think the Dynaudio & Vandersteens I've heard are better speakers for rock.

If you don't hear something you fall in love with locally, I'd think setting aside some funds for a trip to a show or dealer or even return shipping would be a better use of funds than buying something non-refundable based on hearsay.

" Will see if there is someplace I can demo the the Vandy CT’s and do some research on the ProAc and Legacy. Would prefer if at all possible to stay closer to $5k. "

@fdemello

If you are looking in the $5K range, and still want to check out Legacy Audio, they also have the Classic HD, which I would definitely want to hear. This is an 84 pound speaker with a ribbon tweeter, dedicated mid range driver, two 8" woofers, and well built cabinet, not a 40 pound speaker.

http://legacyaudio.com/products/view/classic-hd/

I also agree that Dynaudio are great for rock music.  They kick azz with drum shots!
Just a couple of follow up notes:
This is strictly for 2 channel audio. No movies (I have a separate room/system for that)

"I would also recommend that you read the Richard Hardesty Journals"

Very Vandy focused but great info in those journals

"You can find a pair of Thiel CS 2.7 for $5K"

Only seeing the Thiel CS2.7 used. $5500-$6800 on HiFi Shark (overseas only). No way to demo. Most likely out of the running

"The 148 ProAcs like a strong amp at 4 ohms (my Audio Refinement does 200 @ 4 ohms)"

I believe the CJ MF2500 is around 450 into 4 Ohms.

"I listened to the 148s with The Pixies, Stone Roses, Nick Cave & REM among others; I can attest they handle pop/rock really well. The difference between a good & bad recording was immediately obvious, but manifested as 2d vs 3d imaging rather than any sort of harshness. I also had some Aphex Twin and the bass is extended and articulate. They do have what I'd consider a British mid-range, but I think that's a good thing when complemented by their excellent treble & bass"

This intrigue's me. I'll add these to the list. ProAc has a bad website. Not sure if there are any nearby US dealers at this point.

"If you don't hear something you fall in love with locally, I'd think setting aside some funds for a trip to a show or dealer or even return shipping would be a better use of funds than buying something non-refundable based on hearsay"

Good suggestion. This process is going to take a while.

"But, I suspect if you like the Maggies, you will love the Vandy's"
"If you can find a pair of 3a sigs or Treo's, I doubt you would be disappointed"
"I've seen used non-CT version Treos for $3400." 

I'll focus on the 3A's & Treos (non CT) for now.

"How far apart (inner edge to inner edge) could you have Magnepans? Imho you need them at least 5' apart"

Min 5' apart is no problem. In my room they are more likely to be 9' to 11' apart

"If you are looking in the $5K range, and still want to check out Legacy Audio, they also have the Classic HD"

Will do
ProAcs are distributed through Sound Organization in Texas (Rega distributor also). My Seattle dealer sells ProAc (only the response line), Rega, Naim, PMC and others plus has a great used section.

Maybe call Sound Organization and see what can be worked out?