Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
Thanks Al. I was speculating that REL used the ceramic fuses to buffer against extreme vibration as might be encountered inside a sub enclosure.

I am beginning to believe that upping the fuse rating to the next increment is indeed a good idea with all of the SR Black fuses for toroidal power supplies.

Thanks again Al and Merry Christmas,
Dave
You're welcome, Dave.  BTW, I'm not sure if the reference in the second paragraph of my previous post to the SR fuse being glass was correct.  But in any event the rest of my post remains as stated.

Best regards,
-- Al

Oregonpapa

Good day to you, my friend.

Earlier this morning I was cleaning out an area under my staircase when I found an unopened package marked "QUAD". It is a brand new Treble panel (complete with dust cover) for the the Quad 57 electrostatic loudspeaker. .

This part might be unavailable. I would hate to throw it in the garbage. I am sure there is somebody out there who would love to have this.

I am not selling it but would gladly donate it someone who needs it.

I can't recall exactly what my question was (slow/fast, I think), but the reply from the very respected amp company said they recommended a higher value in after-market fuses.  I didn't ask why, but they could be saying that a little more tolerance was still within the safe range, considering replacement cost.