Conrad Johnson Premier 18LS pre-amp??. Need feedback from owner or former owners

I am looking at a Conrad Johnson Premier 18LS pre-amp. I was able to find one old review in Stereophile from 8 years ago  . I could not find others.  

My question: is this model an outstanding SS pre-amp as some testimonials claim ( see the Audioreview blog), even though issued in 2004( ?). I might be able to buy a used unit for $1100-$1200.  Therefore, I need feedback and comments about the pre-amp from owner or former owners, or anyone who knows this pre-amp.

Also,  how might it compared to the current Coda CP preamp which "might" be available  at the same price as the CJ 18LS.    Either pre-amp would be hooked to a BAT VK-200 amp which has both balanced and unbalanced connectors.  The CJ 18LS  has  all RCA's, and the Coda is a mix of RCA and XLR connectors.  

Despite the price, I am NOT sure the CJ 18LS would be a wise choice because of its age and lack of usable features (for me). However, it comes with a good remote  BTW,   a Rogue RP-1 is $1695 has several usable features I need. but I was not impressed by its sound. It also received mixed reviews   Thanks.!!!

sunnyjim
Jafant, Did not audition either;  they are both out of my price range, even used, and neither has a phono stage.  There is an ET-3 on sale on AG for $2495, and a ET-3 SE  for $2995.  According to CJ, and a few reviews I have read, the SE version is much better because it has far superior parts.  Thanks
Jim,
Another thought, think of Jadis.  You may luck out and find one of their preamps. They have a wonderful smoothness that is seductive. Not the same voicing as a cj, but wonderful. Some prefer it to cj. I love it too.
That broadens your search.
Good Luck and happy holidays.
Larry

Jim,
Another thought, think of Jadis.  You may luck out and find one of their preamps. They have a wonderful smoothness that is seductive. Not the same voicing as a cj, but wonderful. Some prefer it to cj. I love it too.
That broadens your search.
Good Luck and happy holidays.
Larry