Standmount speakers 4k-8k

On the lookout for standmount/bookshelf in the 4k-8k range. I've now got Monitor Audio GX-50 which are great for the price but I'm looking higher now. 
So far I've heard Aerial 5t, Totem Element Fire and Kef Reference one. The Kef's offer a huge sound, but are, hard to describe it, a bit grainy in tone. The Totem are sweeter, but a little dead sounding. The 5t were really quite good--fast, clear, lively. None of them had noticeably better bass than what I'm using now! so I'm still in the hunt. 
Very interested to know if anyone has heard the new Monitor Platinum II line, particularly the 100s, which are what I'm interested in. 
I'll be listening to some Focals soon, and Dynaudio. 
Any other tips? I need to get something fairly small, and very conventional looking (that's why not listening to BW D3). 

Thanks folks. 
rsg
128x128rsgottlieb
Dynaudio has gone through almost their entire lineup in the past year or two, and are producing some very nice speakers. At all price points. New materials have made their way into all parts. There is a lot of trickle down of components. The result is a bunch of speakers that are catching the ear of many publications. ("Best of.")
I bought a set of Excites and I agree with the reviewers. They work with my vintage tube equipment (H-K Citations) as well as my Parasound SS setup.
And they don’t seem to have a favorite type of music. Impedance is well-controlled across the spectrum, so they are easier to drive. Their strength of lack of phase shift distortion, and it’s a nice relief - listener fatigue is gone.
Worth a listen. Their Active speakers are impressive, too.

By the way, I was looking for stand-mount speakers, too, because inherently fewer audio and placement compromises, and WAF. But I ended up with the Excite X34 floor-standers which don't visually dominate the room. Wife approves and prefers over the stand-mounts - a first!

I got a pair of atc scm 19's coming tomorrow...certainly at the lower end of your budget...its going to be more speaker than my dinky room will need but closed box will help...

the offrandes are amazing...

I would also recommend you check out the Joseph Audio Pulsars. I own a pair and love them.  A used pair can be had for quite a bit less than your budget, or brand new within your stated budget. They are at their best with a set of Sound Anchors stands. 

concur with the sound anchors...got a pair to go with the 19's...no comparison with others...nothing comes close...imho
UPDATE!
 Having completed my new car business I'm back in the hunt.. 
At a lovely local dealer listened to Sonus Guarneri Evolution (24K, but as demos 12K) Focal Electra 1008: $4000/pr (N/I stands).Focal Sopra One: ($9,000, includes stands; 

The Sonus--my goodness, that's what incredible sounds like. Detail and space, warm without feeling colored, crisp in a way I hadn't heard before. 
Out of my range, but fab. 
The Electra--very good--big sound for a little thing. As good or better than the Aerial 5t I listened to. More or less same price.
Sopra one: very very good. Not the Sonus, but not too far away, as far as I could tell. Liked all 3, even the electra, more than Kef Ref one and Totem Element fire. Personal taste all the way, of course.
For single instruments or a string quartet the Electra weren't that far off the other two. But with the orchestra or complex world music, you could really hear a difference. 
of course the whole thing was colored by the around 10k worth of cd player and amps and cables I was listeneing to!
So... soon to try the Paradigm Persona B, just off the boat new. And then I want to check out Monitor PL100II, and if I can one of the good Dynaudios. 
Then all I have to do is make up my mind. 
Thanks for all your tips and good wishes. Happy holidays to us all.