Daedalus Athena

Hi I have been shopping for speakers and Daedalus Athena got my attention recently. I've never auditioned Daedalus speakers before and wonder how they sound? I saw quite a few posts on this forum that compared Daedalus and Devore. How would you compare the sound of Daedalus Athena with the other non high-efficiency speakers (used) in the same price range? 

jjue
Jump on over to AudioCircle.com. Daedalus has a circle there, lots of stuff being discussed.
Thank you tpreaves! I did check out the Daedalus circle. Like you said, a lot of information there. But the discussions always seemed to be around Daedalus and Devore or SET amp matching. I didn't see any posts that compare Devore or Daedalus with the 'traditional' design speakers like Wilson, Focal, Sonus Faber..., etc. Very interested in knowing if anybody has experience on both sides can share their experience. 

jjue -

My speaker decision came down to DeVore and Daedalus. Unfortunately, I was unable to procure Silverback's to audition in my system and chose the Daedalus.  I have been very happy with my decision.  Both speakers are excellent; there is no bad decision here.  IME, the DeVore's are ever so slightly more polite.  I would be satisfied owning either.  Both proprietors are first class.
I owned the Daedalus Ulysses a few years back.  It was a nice speaker with exceptional hardwood cabinets.   Initially I found them to be very flat and dull sounding, but after running them through a rigorous break-in at high volume they finally opened up.  The Ulysses were my 2nd favorite speaker next to my Harbeth M-40.1's.

Thank you, jazdoc and pdreher! 

How would you describe the sonic differences betwen Daedalus/Devore and the traditional box speakers?