Looking for SACD player............

I’m replacing my Marantz SA8100. Looking at new Marantz SA8500. Anything else new or used  in that price range I should be looking at? Thanks.
128x128tpreaves
nyame, my friend found a new one for $1650 earlier this year...iI drive a Maxima - almost an Infiniti :)
bassdude

I have not yet discussed details of the modifications. This will be done when a laser assembly is found.  Generally speaking modifications are made in the following areas:

1. Power supply: Replacement of caps and diodes in critical areas. Fast recovery diodes and higher quality film caps make huge improvements.

2. Jitter Reduction: This is usually achieved by replacing the master clock.  I know he uses the Audiocom master clock in his "TRUTH" mod.

3, Analog sound quality: replacement of op-amps and caps in critical areas.

4. Mechanical vibration: Mass damping to the drive mechanism and chassis. This, by the way, also reduces jitter.

Dan Wright mentioned a two week turnaround. If things go according to plan I should have everything done in about a month.

i will post the results in this thread.
mattmiler                  9/22/16

"SO to be clear none of you are going with the $1200 Oppo 105, with ESS saber Dacs and audiophile grade outputs with XLR connections and is rated among units that cost thousands more in the latest class A recommendation from Stereophile? "

I agree the oppo 105D is great unit that does many things well. However I need a player for one single purpose only. For 2 channel stereo playback.
I have no need for a DAC, blueRay player, or even multi channel. Nor do I need its video capabilities. I am getting excellent results with the Sony
which works very well in my system. The Sony works synergistically with my existing components to create great music. Sometimes the question is not "which unit is better" but "which unit is best for my system?
RE: the Oppo 105... the reviews are superb, and everyone who comments about it seems very pleased. And it would be tempting - the ESS Sabre DAC is one of the best, if not the best.

But... the sound of the Sony is just... so incredible... so... if you have it... and you can keep it operating properly... you’d have a difficult time giving up on it. The known vs the unknown... I guess.

And... the Modwright mod is costly for such an old player. And... I’m not sure I want the Sony to sound more... "analog" - if that means it could lose any of the clarity and detail resolution of the stock unit. I’d want to be sure that will not happen before I spring for an expensive mod.