Power conditioner help

Hi All,

Posting this here since there is no section devoted to power products. I also posted it in the miscellaneous section. 

If you had a choice between PS Audio P10 power plant and a Transparent Powerisolator Reference, which would you choose and why? Both available at reasonable prices, though P10 is still quite a bit more. I have a pretty high end system with a Musical Fidelity NuVista 800 integrated amp, NuVista CD (the new one), Scoutmaster turntable, SDS/ADS, Herron VTPH2, Wilson Sashas, and all Transparent Ref MM2 cables. System sounds great, but my present Powerbank 8 is quite old now, so I want to upgrade it.

Thanks for your opinions.
arsh
arsh, I'd be interested to know more about your MF Nuvista, but that's another topic for another day. I have a Musical Fidelity M6si which I'm real happy with. I can only imagine what the Nuvista tubes sound like :)

For power conditioning I have my amp and other equipment plugged into a Panamax MR4300 and that is plugged into an Emotiva CMX-2 and that is plugged into a dedicated outlet. Both the Panamax and Emotiva are essentially passive (not 100% but lets say 99) and in no way limit current. The Panamax is made by the same company that makes Furman. 
Thanks gdhal. So you have one PC plugged into another one? I have not heard of that before.

The NuVista800 is awesome! Happy to discuss it with you.
Arsh,

My experience with the AVR20 mirrors Vic’s experience with his system as I have not experienced any limitation in current, compression of soundstage, etc. In fact, quite the opposite has been the case. Also, Vic and I use the same amp (Ayon Triton III; I also have an Ayon S5 media player that runs off the AVR20) and if his experience is like mine, the current reserves and eliminated noise floor have let his Triton sing with more authority and clarity than ever.

The AVR20 replaced a Panamax 5500 in my system. The Panamax sounded only slightly better than the direct-to-wall connection. The Panamax is a $550 unit and the AVR20 a $4500 unit, so the latter should have demonstrated its superiority - which it did, and for me its contribution to my system was unquestionably worth its price.

I know the folks at Bryston and Torus are very helpful and could help with a recommendation for your system - and it sounds too from Vic’s experience the same is true of PS Audio. When I was going through my decision making process it ultimately came down to which technology I wanted to pursue, and as I stated in my previous post, I gravitated toward the isolation transformer - passive technology, and that 400/200/100Amp current waterfall was really attractive to me. I have never regretted its addition into my system and it certainly has a permanent home.

Cheers,

John
arsh, yes I have one PC plugged into another. The Emotiva is one of the only devices that offers a "DC filter". The Panamax has surge protection and under/over voltage protection. Both have noise/rfi/emi filtering. IMO unless your looking to spend many thousands on something like a Torus or AudioQuest Niagara, the two devices I'm using with a combined cost of $349 is hard to beat. 
I would recommend listening to as many options as possible, whether at a local dealer, or making use of an online retailer with a great return policy.

As you can see, there are many fans of the cleaning power of regenerating and balanced options. I've personally always found them to slow PRAT.

I would add conditioners like the Shunyata Denali, Synergistic Research PowerCell 12 UEF, and High Fidelity Cable to the list to audition.