What used speaker would you buy with $20,000-$35,000 and why?

I'm closer to the 20,000 part, but if I get stretched i would like to know higher recommendations. Remember, this is on the used market - not retail. I'm even interested if you think I should make a huge jump (say to 50,000), but I want to know what justifies that jump. I'd like the best bang for the buck and even the worse bang for the buck. Are there speaker lines that are totally overlooked that sound wonderful in this price range that I need to be exposed to? I may go higher, but lets start there.

PS Let's just assume the upstream equipment is adequate to drive any recommended speaker. We are not limited by upstream components.
Ag insider logo xs@2xnab2
Personally I'm very concerned about what direction B&W is going in. They were just acquired by a two year old Silicon Valley tech company this week and it could be a boon for the high end, or it could hurt it as they are the largest and most well known (main stream) speaker company.  

Room is the most important part of the listening equation.  What I love about the Vandersteen Quatro on up is that they have a built in sub woofer/amp system where you can fine tune your speakers from 100hz down to your room.  It works and works great.  That way you can place your speakers in the best spot to do what you want them to do, or you can put them right up against a wall and still get great sound.  I just put a large plant right next to the speakers and I have a quilt on the side walls do I don't get that first reflection.  I also have a stack of albums on the rear wall to diffract the sound waves.  The Vandersteens use a couple of technologies to eliminate the rear sound wave from the drivers so you don't get smearing of the sound wave from rear reflections that you get in many other speakers.  The rear firing tweeter in their 5 and 7 are ONLY there to make some happy with 'ambient' sound.  It's not for serious listening at all.  He has to sell speakers, so he has the ability to turn it on ONLY if you think you need it.
The room is crucial. Fortunately I have a really good room (once I resolve an issue with the floor joists - I have to run a beam in order to cut the span in half and stiffen the floor). So I really suppose the question then is independent of room - IOW's assuming an ideal room. I didn't know that about the Vandersteens.
NAB, I know of a dealer who has a similar problem with floor joints.  He put some steel plates under the speakers I believe.  The Vandersteen Quatro on up is the best speaker I've ever heard of in their price ranges for dealing with bass.  Richard has been doing this for soo long, that he just gets it.  There is a reason his speakers are some of the best selling high end speakers of all time.  I have many friends who own his speakers and are able to keep them p against the wall or even pull them way out to get an even better sound stage and they never worry about the bass.  Where do you live?
Nab, I remember a former post of yours saying you lived in Georgia.  HiFi Buys in Atlanta is a great Vandersteen dealer.  He has a lot of other choices too so you can see what YOU like and they are great helping with set up too.  Let us know what's up.