Why do all audio forums on the internet seem "dead" ?

Traffic is very low today vs 2000!

Are most audiophiles "set" with their systems, and no longer care?

Are 90% of audiophiles close to retirement, or retired and broke?

Most older "classic" audio equipment also does not show up for sale anymore IMO.
don_c55
Basically what shadorne said. I got a $80 active monitor that just blows away thousand dollar audiophile system right now... I bought it for the lulz because it was so stupid cheap but was completely blown away... I really shouldn’t be bashing audiophile market until I got my last few thousand dollar plus equiptments sold though. Oh well.
Actually there are oodles of brands to pick from these days and not all of them are uber expensive.  Pricing for the high end stuff relative to the market demand is appropriate.  As was stated, more people have access to better sound for less money overall, which moves the bar up for what people are willing to buy to improve there already decent sound.  Market forces and dismal long range forecasts also subdue enthusiasm.  I agree that the major improvements in audio were made back in the late 80's through the 90's.  Once the GREEN contingent started influencing design, many horrid sounding products were unleashed.  Combine all these factors with the iPod generation and you have a drastically reduced audiophile market.  Thanks Obama!  Couldn't resist:)
Dave_b wrote,

"When you demo two preamps in the same system and then separate them, after installing the other preamp into another system, when you turn one preamp on, the other turns off....no matter how far apart the two preamps are! They call it spooky audio at a distance....apparently God does play dice with our audio."

Good one. Cough, cough....

Einstein is lying in bed with a pretty lass, smoking a cigarette. The pretty lass pouts, geez, that didn’t take long. Then Einstein says, it took a very long time for me.