ARC VS115 Power Transformer Buzzing

My ARC VS115 power transformer will make a mechanical buzzing noise after playing for 1 hour. My ARC VS115 was manufactured in 2012 which came with the KT120 tubes. Anyone has the same problem? Please share your experience with me. Thanks.
audiodiyfan

I have contacted ARC service and according to them that the new KT120 tubes draw more current than the original designed 6550 tubes which caused the power transformer overworked and ran hotter and eventually making noise.

Since I did not buy my VS115 from an authorized dealer, the best they can do for me is to offer me a 50% discount on a brand new transformer. Also, they recommend me to use 6550 tubes instead and even offer to send me a new set of 6550 tubes for free if I buy the transformer from them. What a sweet deal and best service from ARC!!!

Next I will confirm if the 6550 tubes make the transformer run cooler and whether it will sound as good as KT120. So, please stay tuned on this. Thanks for listening.

My informal study of this has indicated that nobody has EVER had an issue with transformers being disturbed by 6550 to KT120 to KT150 swapping. Nobody. My relatively modest Jolida 502P came with 6550s, ran 120s for 3 years, and now uses 150s for over a year…sounds brilliant, works beautifully with no noticeable transformer heating, and it’s buzzless. I, of course, noticed the warnings about current draw hazards but the Jolida dudes told me not to worry…so I don’t. I do use a PS Audio Humbuster III but mostly since another amp (SS for occasional outdoor speaker driving) I plug into the thing had a transformer hum at times and the Humbuster has 2 outlets. This could be a first for my informal study but somehow I doubt it. I’m staying tuned!