Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
Ha! I swear SR must have sold their soul because I just don’t get why these are so dang good. It ain’t right I tell ya, it just ain’t right! :)
Today I put a Synergistic Research Black fuse at the main fuse location of the SACD player ( previousyl a RED was in this place). This player is in my dedicated headphone system.

An immediated and striking improvement in the soundstage and the music was more detailed.

If you have a headphone system with Sennheiser 800, Enigmacoustic Dharma, or Audeze headphones, the Synergistic Research headphone cable really interacts fantastically with this BLACK fuse.

So far I have tried the BLACK fuse in the following:
Antelope DAC with its Voltikus power supply
Art Audio PX-25 Tube amp
Emotion Type 45 tube amp
Marantz SA11-S2 SACD player

All have had a major improvement in sound.

David Pritchard 
Hi, i'm waiting for SR black fuses to put in wadia wt 3200 transport and lamm L2 ref preamp.In my dac wadia x 64.4 i have an isoclean fuse.
Do you think better SR black in the dac or in preamp ?Boh,!
Gianni

Hello Gianni,

I'm beginning to believe that although these fuses prove  advantageous in all locations, Further up front in the signal path is where to start. DAC/CD player and preamp are very impactful locations. I began with one Red fuse in my tubed Line Stage and was utterly impressed with what I heard. It was  more significant than I had anticipated. I'll receive my Black fuses in 1 or 2 days. They'll go DAC, Line Stage and then my two mono blocks. Fortunately(cost wise) each component requires only one 3 amp fuse.

Charles,

giannicasciaro6 posts01-31-2016 4:06amHi, i'm waiting for SR black fuses to put in wadia wt 3200 transport and lamm L2 ref preamp.In my dac wadia x 64.4 i have an isoclean fuse.
Do you think better SR black in the dac or in preamp ?Boh,!
Gianni

From my experience, it's component dependent.   My tube amp is the most sensitive, then pre ...