"Warm Sounding" Solid State Amplifiers

As a Canadian I am naturally a huge fan of Bryston products but not long ago I switched things up for a NAD C355BEE integrated amp and instantly realized what I had been missing in terms of warmth, sweetness and overall pleasant sound.

I'm interested in moving up from there into some Class A or A/B amps but I don't know of any other warm sounding Solid State amps other than Pass Labs which are out of my price range at the moment.

Tubes are obviously "where it's at" as they would say but the maintenance factor is somewhat of a deterrent for me. Should I just go for an M series NAD amp or is there another intermediate product between that and Pass Labs??
pontifex
^^ :) so you are saying you can tell how an amplifier sounds from its specs? Like many analogies there is a certain point where it falls apart.

I find that if anything, there is an inverse relationship with THD (higher will likely sound better) a positive relationship with IM (lower will sound better) and wider bandwidth is usually good. But even knowing that I still can't predict how it will sound.
Of course not. As you say, and as I've also stated, specs are an indication of potential. What I meant was that sometimes the specs are not window dressing. Lots of horrible sounding amps have great specs but great sounding amps also always have great specs. But the point I was trying to make clear is that truly great sounding amps that happen to be ss are not as rare as you might think.
Just a quick update for anyone who has been following...

I have secured a deal on a Musical Fidelity A308 integrated amplifier for $1300 CDN. That model dates back to 2003 (I think ?) but it was manufactured in Great Britain before MF moved the bulk of their manufacturing operations to Asia. It is a dual mono design with 150 watts/ch and gets many good reviews and is said to be very "musical". I look forward to picking it up next week!

Also, I have secured a deal on a beautiful pair of Monitor Audio Gold GX300's. I probably should have opted for the GX200's because of their easier room placement but we'll see how it all works out. Very excited! :)
+1 Csontos

There are quite a few "great" sounding SS amps, now, and, as far back as the late 70's!