Are Ohm Walsh Speakers the Poor Man's MBLs?

Are the Ohm Walsh speakers and the MBl speakers using essentially the same technology? Has anyone had experience with how the two compare to one another. Clearly there is a major price difference, but do the Ohm's give ~99% of the experience?

Just curious.
mailman199
I would not see much benefit in biamping Walsh speakers in any case. Most of the sound except the extreme top end comes from a single driver.
Mapman raises an interesting question on what other true omnis can do. I haven't heard the Duevel, but the Morrisons excel at imaging and soundstage. The new Model 11 has no cabinet artifacts.
I am curious about the Morrison's as well. I noticed too that the Morrison's are short. Is there no need for Omni's of this sort to be the height one would put a monitor speaker? The Micorwalsh is also short. Maybe Ohm made the Microwalsh Tall to get just a bit more bass and sell to a buyer expecting a speaker of that size and height.
mail,

The OHM Walsh drivers tend to radiate more upwards than downwards. You will hear a distinct drop-off in teh top end if you listen from a vertical location below the drivers. For this reason, it is generally not good for the drivers to be mounted too high. At the same time, the cabinet is ported on the bottom to help with low end extension, so some height is needed for that.