Wilson's new speaker the Sasha is coming.

THere is a teaser on their website. Looks beautiful if you can make out the images. I think it is a step up from the WP generation. Maybe a replacement.
dgad
It seems clear to me from Wilson's promotional material---the history movie on the website---that the Sasha is competing directly with the Magico V3. The discussion of the Sasha's cabinet materials makes direct reference to Baltic birch plywood with metal baffles, and the price point is almost identical.

Magico strikes back with a version of the V3 with a high gloss black piano finish shown at the Munich show.

There's no doubt any company in a niche field knows its competition and responds accordingly, at least if they wish to stay in business. We benefit from their competition.

Let's wait and hear how the Sasha sounds.

Michael

One thing overlooked in the comments regarding costs , the U.S dollar has strengthened someWATT in the last 6 months.
I've auditioned the Sasha yesterday. Driven by all Ayre gear, the C-5xeMP, KX-R, MXRs and Transparent cabling, the speaker sounded surprisingly warmer and slightly darker up top than most other Wilsons. The Sasha sounded engaging and musical and was well balanced top to bottom. I currently own the Sophia 2 and having heard the Sasha, I bought a pair on the spot.

The only unkown to me were the MXRs but I own the Lamm M1.2s and the KX-R so I expect them to be very musical in my own system as well. The synergy between the Sasha and Ayre was great, dynamic, deep, well controlled and nicely articulated bass, excellent imaging and focus, warmer mids and slightly darker top than W/P 8's for example. Great speaker to my ears, job well done. If you didn't like Wilson speakers before, give the Sasha a listen.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd18/PHC1_2007/Wilson%20Sasha/IMG_1075.jpg
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd18/PHC1_2007/Wilson%20Sasha/IMG_1074.jpg
Let me get this straight, the Sasha was "darker on top" compared to your Sophia 2's and the WP 8's so you bought a pair "on the spot"?
No I bought the Sasha because I found them very musical and engaging and a bit smoother/forgiving overall. The Sophia 2's are great speakers but the Sasha elevates the bar especially in the bass. I like the slightly warmer tonal balance as well. Like I said, unless the MXR imparted such a deep sonic signature on the Sasha, that the new sound is really not the speaker but the amps.

I did find the Sasha to be extremely enjoyable with a variety of music I threw at it. In the end that's what matters, if the speaker/system connects with you and evokes a positive emotional response, then that is a great system/speaker for you. I found the Sasha did just that.