New Gallo 3.5's

Prototypes of new Gallo 3.5's being shown at CES. I have the 3.1's and am a big fan. These new Gallo's look really nice. May even convert some of you high enders out there who snub Gallo speakers. Go to link: http://www.soundstage2.com/lasvegas2009/sd07.html
bostonbean
I saw those - the aesthetics however leave a lot to be desired and the price is really up there. Isn't there an alternative in terms of someone else making a stand that is the same size as the base? Can't recall the name though . . . .

DW
I hear you, and the first time I saw them I figured I had to paint 'em black post haste (as soon as I decided the keep them). Strange, though, the more I look at them the more I'm getting used to the appearance. And the more I listen to the speakers, the more I figure I can live with anything that sounds this good. But YMMV, for sure :-)
I'm the friend who brought his stock Gallo Ref 3 speaker over to Dave Pogue's to compare its sound to one of his mounted on the Mapleshade stand. Dave is not exaggerating about the amount of improvement the bases make. It's huge. Mine are on order. Bob
I was talking about the Gallo 3.5s with a person at Mapleshade and he said that the Chinese manufacturing facility that produces the Gallo 3.1s insisted on a large price increase. So part of the big price jump with the 3.5s is a function of improvements, but most of it is the cost increase from the manufacturer. Those of us lucky enough to get the 3.0s and 3.1s got a level of value for our money that may never come again.
Very interesting and thanks for that Bolson. I wonder if the audiophile press will now take the speaker more seriously that it has now passed out of reach of most people. What about the alternative wood stands from someone else - can't recall the name. Anyone had any experience with the Gallo subamp in terms of whether line level inputs or speaker inputs work better?

thanks, Doug