Dynaudio C1 vs C2

What will the Dynaudio C2 give you over a C1 with a sub? You never read of a Dynaudio C2 being reviewed (except for an enjoythemusic.com review)but plenty of C1s getting acclaim. The C1 has awesome sonics and soundstaging,the C2 has a more polarizing look to them,but not sure of the sonics.

Is the Sapphire still limited to a 1,000 units? I thought I read a rumor that Dynaudio will debut a new speaker based on the Sapphire.
wadav
IF I had the C4's yes I would get rid of the sub but from what listened to the sub would still be needed with the C2's but at a slightly lower crossover point. Only at high listening levels I may disconnect the sub
I agree wtih Xti16. I used a REL Storm III sub when I had my C2's and they sounded good together. When I upgraded to the C4's the sub was no longer necessary and was even detrimental in my moderate size room (15' x 21' x 7'). If I were in your shoes, I'd be inclined to try the C1 with a good sub before spending the extra benjamins for the C2's. However, if your room is large enough for C4's, they are a great speaker (I highly recommend some room treatments).
So the only difference between the C1 and C2 is not imaging or sound staging but volume?
I prefer the C2 over the C1, but neither need a sub when driven with appropriate amplification. The C2 is one of my personal favorites from Dynaudio, but to be quite honest, we sell C1's 10/1 over all other Confidence models.

I own the C1's and I chose to mate with dual subs. In my room I found it easier to blend them in and smooth out the bass. I would say I only use the subs maybe 50% of the time, though.