Marten Coltrane Alto speakers

Has anyone had an opportunity to ever hear these speakers? I love their look and 6Moons had a wonderful review of them with the exception that it was mentioned that it takes up to a year to break them in.
bostonbean
Mikelavigne of course i disagree.

Yes the mechnical parts need sometimes a little breakin.

I had speakers with ceramic drivers so yes there is a longer breakin for ceramic than for some other drivers

But we are talking about much more time it needs

I know as the first commentary talks about a year and not about hours of use, there will be weird calculations as "if the guy use the speakers 30min per day it makes the end of breakin after 1 year and blablabla"

I mean can we stop telling false and exagerating stuff ?

It is exactly why people are buying today power cord at 10k

You mikelavigne (and many other reviewers) are saying so much false informations that now innocent people are buying many things that are not needed to improve really the sound.

I don't know you personnaly Mike, but i know people that describe you as nice personn, i don't say that you have no integrity

I say you are a gentle believer, but your position as a director of an audio magazine should push you to be a little more serious in the audio approach.
Samuel33 based on your posts on AG forums it seems that you don't have a clue about High End. You're like 16 year old kid in daddy's Ferari tryng to get out of the crashed car not knowing what has happened.

Please do yourself a favour and buy B&O system and everyone you know will like you more.
Teddy bear i am so far above your knowledge

I have heard system that even mike laigne doesn't know the existence

Maybe i am new in the place but fast learning and not spent my life in stupid shops with always the same bad things

More than that i have my study in the domain of theory of accoustic that kind of help now LOL

Take care and learn

Samuel33, thank you for the respectful comments. i do audio for pleasure and have no interest in conflict. 'real life' has plenty enough of stress and conflict.

we don't need to agree.....just be open to what our ears tell us.

btw, i am no longer associated directly with Positive Feedback as a reviewer, in fact, i was barely ever a reviewer...and only wrote a couple of articles which might be said to be reviews. even when i was associated with PF i never 'spoke' for them. i don't consider myself an expert at anything audio; rather an observer of audio and enjoyer of music.
Nevermind Mike, i didn't want to put you under pressure

At first i thought that people here and in other places knew what they where talking about

I was so naive.

1 year ago i start reading serious scientifical books and traveling to listen to most of the high end production of today AND of the past

I am fed up with bad speakers (95% of what is avaible today) ; cables or power cord at XXXXX$ ; false technical information spread everywhere.

It is always the same bad sound and the same bad technical approach to make them

People just don't read anything except reviews and forum, it is not a place to share here just a place to repeat the same mistakes, lies read somewhere

It is why i have ask to stop my account here and everywhere on the web.

I don't learn anything there anymore, and i don't want to be aggressiv so...

And you make a point people come here for pleasure, and i don't have this pleasure anymore

So i am going to do as you just enjoy the music and that's it !