DIY speaker enclosure, maybe TL?

I'm planning to make a pair of speaker enclosures for Accuton drivers, and people have told me I should go for a Transmission Line type. I've tried to read on the Internet about TL's, and realize that while the audiophile community owes a huge debt to Martin J. King and George Augsburger, their stuff belongs to an engineering grad school curriculum, with me being stuck somewhere around the 6th grade. I've ordered a couple of books, Vance Dickason's Cookbook for one, but before they arrive, can anyone guide me toward a practical design? I can do the carpentry but the details of a design still seem a distant goal. Any help would be much appreciated!
tom_nice
I agree with Duke. You can't really design the cabinet until you know the parameters of the driver. You question would get must more response over at www.htguide.com/forum. Look at the Mission Possible section.
I have built many ported designs but never a TL. There are boat loads of links out there on the topic. The best speaker book I have found for the beginner is speaker buidling 201 by ray Alden. I would start with that and read the Vance Dickinson books after.
Tony Gee has a great web site with projects and the forums on Parts express web site and madisound have oodles of info as well.
http://www.humblehomemadehifi.com/
Thanks to everyone--I'll check out the recommended websites. I won't know which Accuton drivers until I have a slightly better idea of what's possible. I'd like to avoid a subwoofer, which suggests to me a 7" mid-bass unit rather than a 5" or 6" one--unless I use two mid-basses along with, say, their 1" tweeter. John Risch's writings have been the most useful to me so far, but they're marked "obsolete--historical interest only" in the website they appear in. Discouraging!
Speaker building is very exciting and rewarding (IMO). Please don't misunderstand me however, if I say that designing can be a bit tricky for an "entry level" builder. TL is particularly difficult and until King & other came up with modelling (very recently) it was a hapless task.
You absolutely must see Mr Linkwitz' site
Info and links here
Interesting stuff here.
Advanced stuff by Kreskovski here
And, another "must read" from Mr Ludwig Don;t be daunted by the looks of this site, just go right in -- it's readable!
Good luck
I have tried transmision lines MLTL Martin King design and ported etc. Sealed cabinet is always better IMHO, I put a big chunk of plywood covering the ports of Martin Kings design for Lowther DX3 and things got much better, I also changed the Lowther for Fostex 207, I get better balance and less detail.
Find a good quality woofer that will go really low and build from that, go for a 3 way!
Martin Kings is a good design but I always hear some reverb in the bass.