Vandersteen 2Ce Signature II

I just received this months Stereophile. I was surprised to see a review of the new Vandersteen 2Ce Signature II.

The only difference between the Signature & the Signature II that I saw mentioned, was the II has the same midrange as the 3A (it did not say 3A Signature). Does anyone know of other changes between the (now old) Signature & the new Signature II?
ecruz
I wouldn't change a thing abut my 2Ce sigs, they are just fine by my standards and I refuse to be angsty about an available upgrade.
We'll find out more detail after the show...stay tuned. So far it's a new model with the 3A Sig midrange and tweeter. Retail price is $2,145 with stands. Delivery starting in 2007...
Still awaiting the January Stereophile . . . So is the midrange from the 3A or 3A Sig? Sounds like the tweeter is ceramic-coated, which means it's different than the 3A Sig tweeter. Anyone figured out the real story?
If the Sig II has the 3A Sig midrange & tweeter, does that mean there'll be a new 3A Sig coming? Doesn't make sense to have the 2Ce Sig II that's very similar to the 3A Sig for $1500 less.
After a small bit of research, it appears that the 3A Sig midrange driver is not different than the 3A.

>>

Good point, but I'll be happy to have near 3A Sig performance in a smaller and less expensive package!