silverline vs von schweikert

Hi, does anyone have opinions about silverline sonata III vs. Von Schweikert VR4 JR's. The main things I am curious about are ease of room placement, versatility in terms of types of music they perform best with and if the need arises, with proper power, which one will be more likely to blow your hat off at 10 feet? (I am exagerating but you know what I mean)Once again Thanks for any input!!!
nuguy
I'm using a premier 11a with the 4JRs and it was nice but really improved with biamping. An MF2250 on the bottom really opened up the 4JRs.
Rrodmanr is right. Certain speakers have a "signature". The VR4jr's are very neutral. With tubes they are magical, not analytical. So, the choice is a "house" sound or neutral. On headphones I enjoy Grado's signature sound, but for speakers I ended up choosing the VS's for simply playing what's recorded.
I have a pair of sonata II's. Honestly, they are the only part of my system I don't want to upgrade. They are on the warm side, but very musical and involving. They are very easy to drive, stable for tube gear. The Von S's are excellent, but I will put in a plug for silverline. I paid full price and have never regretted it. My wife cut the check, after hearing classical like she never heard it before. (both of these speakers play all music well). No regrets- warm, musical involving- no fatigue.
I can't speak for the Von S's (though I've read good things) but I can also speak for the Sonatas (I have the II's too) as they are exceptionally musical. They are easy to place but do appreciate the extra effort to get it just right. Never fatiguing and extremely flexible to your choice of power as they are an easy load for SET's (and sound phenomenal on vocals/midrange) while also cranking out any kind of gusto you want with high powered tube or SS. The Sonata III's I believe are a little less efficient at 93db but still excellent, as above, while my II's are 95db and rated for 10 to 1000 watts... who else has such versatility? From jazz to classical to female vocals to some good classic AC/DC and the Cult; I run SS into mine sometimes for slammin (older Rotel monoblocks that sound fine on most rock and roll recordings) , switch to tetrode tubes for most "normal" listening (my VTL monoblocs) , then to triode for "rich and creamy,etc". Looking for a low powered SET next, maybe 8 to 10 watt "300B" based or possibly 15 to 20 watt or so "845" based...( my preamp has 4 pairs of main outputs... I just have to play with speaker cables for a minute ot two) -all with the same speaker! Very satisfying. Listen, and good luck.