Dunlavy SC IVa or B&W 802

if there are available for $4,000, which should I get for jazz, classical, sometimes movies for Musical Fidelity dual monoblock A3.2 version.
thanks
128x128badam
Stevecham: You bring up an excellent question. In fact I think most speakers have some speakers wired out of phase. I too prefer the sound of speakers with first order networks and listen to Vmps. Before these I owned Vandersteen. The reality though is that most people do listen to speakers that have harmonic content inverted.
Warnerwh, I know and I have studied and compared this through extensive listening with friends' systems and at shows for years. I have also owned KEF, Dynaudio and Paradigm, while good products, are unacceptable to me compared to Thiel, Vandersteen, Dunlavy and Meadowlark. I can hear the difference these designs make. From a purely common sense standpoint, it confounds me that more designers don't spend the time and effort to achieve this level of harmonic accuracy. And I realize that the VAST majority of speakers manufactured are simply inaccurate in this regard. I'm not a disciple of Richard Hardesty, though I do think he raises some excellent points, for me it's simply a matter of what I can hear. For me, accuracy of timbre, even if it makes a crummy recording sound as crummy as it really is, is most important.
My room is 32' X 26' 8" with cathedral ceilings going from 10 ' to 23'. The speakers are currently set up along the 32' wall on the 10' ceiling. The front of the speakers are 42" oc from the back wall. They are 12' 8.5" oc apart dead center on the 32 foot wall. The speakers were toed in using a laser pointed directly center 18' 9.5' from the 32' wall. In the best seat you ears are about 17' from the 32' wall. The sound stage is good for up to 3 listeners. It is acceptable in most of the room.
I really appreciate everybody responded, I have a guy selling Dunlavy SCIVA for about $3,600 in new condition. I guess I'd better go and audition them. I'm one of those that sticks to a good thing for a long time. I've had my Speakerlab super 7's for 12 years now,(with 12" and 10" three-way four-drivers version), and it's hard to replace them. They are not well known speakers, but at low volumes they sound so good(MF-A3.2cr as 2ch) for jazz and classical.