NHT new speakers M60, M80

What do you all think about this new speaker? (DSP room correction)(www.nhthifi.com) Does this make current speaker designs obsolete?
samuellaudio
I bought 'em - they sound absolutely terrific. I had a party two days ago for the brass section of the Los Angeles Philharmonic, and jaws were hitting the floor as they listened to these things. Stopped people in their tracks, literally.

Go hear them if you can find anyone with a demo pair (good luck).

J
I've had my Xd system for several months now. Everyone who hears them is dumbfounded. They are hard to find at present but worth a listen if you can.

Tom
Tom,

Just curious -- what kind of gear were you using beforehand? Did you listen to anything else before deciding? How did you hear about them?

I ended up buying the demo pair - the only pair available (even for listening) in Southern California.

Jim
Hi Jim,

Until recently I was a partner in a stereo store so I first saw them at CES in 2004, but they were just mockups at the time. I was using NHT 2.5i speakers bi-amped with a Arcam Alpha 9 and NHT SA-2 amps. I was going to upgrade to NHT Evolution T5 speakers with a Krell KAV-400xi. This spring I heard the Xd system for the first time at a dealer show and bought the demo pair on the spot. The Arcam made a terrible preamp with the Xds, I could hear floor noise from across the room! I picked up a Jeff Rowland Consummate and have enjoyed the music ever since.

Tom