Wilson Benesch

Would like input from anyone that owns Wilson Benesch or has heard them. Especially would like comments as to how they perform in relationship to the Kharma line.

Thanks,
Michael
michaelhwolff
I own a pair of chimeras.They reproduce what they are recieving without adding or subtracting.Another thing to think about is that WB makes/engineers their speakers.Most speakers,even expensive ones(ie Wilsons) are 'kit'speakers using "modified" off the shelf components.Most manufacturers use suprisingly cheap components (xovers etc)even in very expensive speakers.Everything in WB's is first class.The only kit aspect to the speaker is the use of the silk dome tweater.If speakers were priced on r&d and manufacturing costs alone WB's would be more expensive than almost all of the very best speakers we all talk about on this forum.
Thanks guys for all your information. I am also looking at
Karl E. Schuemann's Ultimate Monitor. No doubt, from what I have seen and read about Wilson and Schuemann they are both fine examples of craftsmanship and exemplary sound.
Hi Michael,

I own a pair of Wilson Benesch ACT-Ones- they replaced a set of older Pro-Acs when I recently updated/upgraded my system.

The comments above put it better than I could- they are amazing speakers.

I've made comments re. their performance and system matching issues on other threads- here are links-

link1

link2

link3

FWIW, my advice is to audition them (whatever model) at your earliest opportunity- when paired with good equipment and cabling, they disappear as well as anything I've ever heard.

Good luck,