best sounding integrated for under 2500.00

just getting back into audio. want this to be my last purchase. like smooth warm sounding equipment as i listen to alot of metal and rock from the 80s. this can sound harsh on alot of equipment. been researching for months and im getting more confused by the minute. i thought creek destiny or krell 300 might do the trick. any other suggestions. powering psb stratus golds.
vikingnick
I would also say the "V2" model of the Cambridge Audio 840A, even though I'm getting ready to sell mine due to system consolidation. It's a fantastic integrated. I wasn't a big fan of the first version, but the V2 model is outstanding.

Another, that's actually a tad better than the 840A in my opinion, is the Vincent Audio SV-336MK. It's a hybrid integrated with a 12AX7 based preamp married to a 150w SS amplifier section. Outstanding build and sound quality.
Also. I listen tons lot of the same music you do I imagine. Huge NWOBHM fan (Holocaust, Blitzkrieg, Diamond Head, Limelight, etc). Up the Irons!
No, Rowland would never work with this kind of music, forget it. They are very rare, and I want one!
Rowland of course. There is nothing better for the price, hard rock or whatever.
I am actually in the exact same position as the OP (PSB Goldi) - would the collective community here consider MF A308 or A5 to be decent candidates?

If not, why?